RE: [learningfromeachother] Africa Webinar, Our Resources and Our Endeavors

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2007
      Asif,  my laptop was broked so i got back yesterday.
      I need some assistance. I saw the demo but I didn't download the client. also I nned Java web start 1.5  (I dowloaded jre6u1 but i don't know how to use it). I gave to the Head of the Master of Florence University your e-mail and url.
      I hope to join the class tomorrow but I have still problems.
      All the best!
      Maria Agnese

      asif.daya@... ha scritto:
      Maria:

      I appreciate you trying to reschedule your busy life in order to attend the Webinar. We hope to "see" you there. Thank You.

      Asif.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 25, 2007
        I had an e-meeting with David Mutua (Kenya) today. He was interested in
        attending the Webinar.

        David went to see his friendly cyber cafe manager, with the information
        I'd given to Fred, but later I heard from David that it didn't seem
        possible. I'm not sure of the details. I have the impression there was
        a problem downloading the software, but I'm not certain.

        Pam
      • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 25, 2007

          Pam:

          Tell him to take out any versions of Java and install the one at http://www.elluminate.com/support - then at that page he should see a check mark – of course if there was already a checkmark at that page he does not need to do anything with the Java module. When downloading the s/w he will need to enable Active X on his IE screen. He can try all this out at the same support page to see a demo of Elluminate. Worst case scenario the support page has personnel that are part of my contract that will help him if he asks for help.

          Asif.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 25, 2007

            Maria:

            See my recent e-mail on the list to Pamela.  It has the same scenario, I believe.

            Write to me if not. Or best contact Jenny at jenny.watt@... She can help you better than I can.

            Asif.

            ------------ --------- --------- --------

            ------------ --------- --------

            ------------ --------- --------- --------- -------

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25, 2007
              Pam and David,

              I am glad that you are trying to join us for my webinar tomorrow -
              Thursday.

              10:00am-12:30pm in Florida (which
              is 3:00pm-5:30pm in London and 5:00pm-7:30pm in Lithuania).

              Please know that we also have started a chat channel for our lab and
              "worknets" at http://www.worknets.org/chat/ which is proving quite
              lively and useful. See our archives at
              http://www.worknets.org/archive/chatarchive.log where the chat gets saved.

              I am happy that Fred Kayiwa and Ken Owino and Maria Agnese Giraudo and
              Pamela McLean and Lorraine and Benoit Couture have all tried it so far
              and we have had some transcontinental interactions! And Sasha Mrkailo
              is doing a great job engaging us there and helping us learn how to use
              our wiki.

              So please join us at our chat if you have trouble setting up the
              Elluminate software for the webinar. I am asking Sasha and others to
              help make sure that participants at the chat - especially from Africa -
              will be engaged as and can participate with their comments, questions
              and answers even as I am speaking through Elluminate.

              We have people in very different worlds and so it's exciting to see what
              combination of technology helps us all work together. This is a quest
              of Pamela's that we are benefiting from. Thank you to all in Africa and
              India and around the world who will try to be there with us. We'll be
              discussing how we engage you! and it would be great to have real
              examples. We will also make good use of our wiki at http://www.worknets.org

              Vilnius, Lithuania
            • Maria Agnese Giraudo
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26, 2007
                Dear Pam,
                tell him to go  to:

                this is Java web start1.6  Java SE6 SRE/SDK
                Now the client seems working.
                Bye!
                Maria Agnese