Re: hi (How to join Thursday's Webinar)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2007
      Hi Fred

      Sorry I'm not able to be online so much at present

      To join in the Webinar you need to make a few preparations.
      If you use a cyber cafe then I suggest that you need to be friends with
      the manager and get him interested in the idea - persuade him that
      Webinars (and the related Vrooms) are an extra service he could provide
      that would add value to his business.

      On a practical level all he needs to do is download a bit of extra
      software (see the original invitation), then, in theory you will be able
      to use one of his computers to participate in the webinar.

      However - speech is an important part of a webinar - most presenters
      talk about the things they are showing on the screen - so you really
      need a computer with a sound card.

      Of course sound can be a problem in a cyber cafe - so you will probably
      need headphones of some kind to keep the sound to yourself.

      If you have a microphone as well then you can talk back to the presenter
      and other participants - but a mic isn't as important as the headphones
      (and using one can be a bit disruptive and inappropriate in a cyber
      cafe). Lots of people join in simply by typing - not by talking - just
      like with yahoo chat.

      Hope that helps. If you are not able to make it this time don't be too
      disappointed. The Webinar will be recorded so you can play it through
      later. Also there is a good chance there will be other Webinars of
      interest to you later - perhaps including more from Andrius. If you can
      make it on Thursday - that will be wonderful. It would be great if we
      could e-meet there Let's hope that your cyber cafe manager likes the idea.

      Pam