Investigations with African Independent Thinkers

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12 3:43 PM
      Hi Asif,

      Here is information for our webinar entitled "Investigations with
      African Independent Thinkers". Fred Kayiwa of Uganda has agreed to join
      us! And our logo is here: http://www.ms.lt/logo.gif Andrius

      ------------------------------------
      Event Background
      ------------------------------------

      Andrius Kulikauskas: I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory
      http://www.ms.lt for serving and organizing independent thinkers around
      the world. We are interested to include the widest variety of
      independent thinkers. Currently, we are especially active in Africa,
      with paid researchers in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria and Cameroon.

      I will provide examples of how we have engaged African independent
      thinkers and how they are inspiring us as leaders at our laboratory.
      (Indeed, I hope to include some of our African participants!) By
      focusing on "independent thinkers" we are able to select those
      participants who it is wise to invest in. They "work for free" on their
      own projects and thereby demonstrative that they are constructive
      self-directed workers. In this way we filter out those who might behave
      destructively for the sake of attention or money. We have found that
      independent thinkers in Africa can work in increments of 100 USD to
      conduct a variety of exciting projects that also make them more
      verifiable, such as collecting personal stories, interviewing local
      activists, or drawing social maps. We are especially interested in
      pairing independent thinkers online in the developed world and
      on-the-ground in the developing world. An initial project helps them
      understand each other in terms of their values and investigatory
      questions. It is then possible to start work on on-the-ground projects
      such as fish ponds, greenhouses, wireless Internet access, computer
      assembly, and local shoe production. Our African participants have
      taken the lead in our on-the-ground work, in representing us at
      conferences, in reaching out to new participants based on their values,
      in experimenting with business ideas, in making good use of marginal
      Internet access, in multilingual participation, and in linking our
      global network with local circles.

      I will also discuss how we organize ourselves fractally for larger
      projects such as My Food Story. We leverage the efforts of dozens of
      people by meeting them halfway regarding their own projects. We are now
      seeking projects from clients where optimally for 150,000 USD we would
      organize 1,000 workers to build momentum based on a value compatible
      with our shared value of "caring about thinking". Businesses from
      Silicon Valley to Western Europe are responding with interest in our
      ability to organize so many small projects that make for a wave of
      innovation.

      Bullet List of Objectives or Main Points (5-10)

      Please ask yourself:
      * What is your deepest value in life?
      * What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but intend to
      answer?
      * What is a project or experiment that you'd like done on-the-ground?
      * Which of our African projects do you find most interesting, and why?
      * Who might benefit from our teams?

      Short description of Organization

      Minciu Sodas is a laboratory for serving and organizing independent
      thinkers around the world. It was founded in 1998 and currently has 150
      active and 1,500 supportive participants, some 20 worknets (global
      villages, participatory society, learning from each other, holistic
      helping, living by truth, loving God, back to the root, social
      agriculture, fighting peacefully, motivation through sacrifice,
      meaningful inclusion, ethical design...) and paid researchers in Kenya,
      Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Lithuania, Finland,
      Israeli-occupied Palestine and Silicon Valley. Minciu Sodas is
      headquartered in Vilnius, Lithuania.

      Background of presenter in one paragraph

      Andrius Kulikauskas, Ph.D. is the founder of Minciu Sodas. In 1993, he
      received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of California at
      San Diego. His deepest value is "living by truth" and he is exploring
      "How does the knowledge of everything unfold?" He seeks to know
      everything and apply that knowledge usefully.
    • fdkayiwa
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13 2:21 AM
        ANDRIUS AND ALL
        i can see many shoe makers here and repairs
        is there still need for the stories
        that ican get you some stories from the city here?