RE: [learningfromeachother] two questions in my mind

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2007
      Jinan:

      You lead me to an area that I focus a lot on - PBL - Problem Based Learning - or Evidence Based Medicine.

      You say (and I agree with you):

      "Because the direct message is what is imbibed immediately and the hidden reason slowly. This is the problem with ‘teaching’. The child acquires the ‘teacher’ mind and not the ‘learner’ mind."

      AND

      "Most of what I had memorized are all forgotten. What I ‘know’ is what I have ‘done’"

      For this reason and many others I believe the Problem Based approach to learning is vital rather than the lecturing that is commonly done.

      Asif.