RE: Investigations with African Independent Thinkers

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
      Andrius:

      This will mainly be a presentation by you. I can not guarantee any people
      from Africa, although we do get some - we advertise in African Listservs.
      What you mostly get are people of means and maybe from the Universities.
      This is different than the people we are trying to attend to. But the people
      that do log on can make influential changes. So lets see what we get. In the
      meantime I would like you to think of it as your presentation.

      Thanks.

      Asif.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2007
        Hi Asif,

        Here is information for our webinar entitled "Investigations with
        African Independent Thinkers". Fred Kayiwa of Uganda has agreed to join
        us! And our logo is here: http://www.ms.lt/logo.gif Andrius

        ------------------------------------
        Event Background
        ------------------------------------

        Andrius Kulikauskas: I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory
        http://www.ms.lt for serving and organizing independent thinkers around
        the world. We are interested to include the widest variety of
        independent thinkers. Currently, we are especially active in Africa,
        with paid researchers in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria and Cameroon.

        I will provide examples of how we have engaged African independent
        thinkers and how they are inspiring us as leaders at our laboratory.
        (Indeed, I hope to include some of our African participants!) By
        focusing on "independent thinkers" we are able to select those
        participants who it is wise to invest in. They "work for free" on their
        own projects and thereby demonstrative that they are constructive
        self-directed workers. In this way we filter out those who might behave
        destructively for the sake of attention or money. We have found that
        independent thinkers in Africa can work in increments of 100 USD to
        conduct a variety of exciting projects that also make them more
        verifiable, such as collecting personal stories, interviewing local
        activists, or drawing social maps. We are especially interested in
        pairing independent thinkers online in the developed world and
        on-the-ground in the developing world. An initial project helps them
        understand each other in terms of their values and investigatory
        questions. It is then possible to start work on on-the-ground projects
        such as fish ponds, greenhouses, wireless Internet access, computer
        assembly, and local shoe production. Our African participants have
        taken the lead in our on-the-ground work, in representing us at
        conferences, in reaching out to new participants based on their values,
        in experimenting with business ideas, in making good use of marginal
        Internet access, in multilingual participation, and in linking our
        global network with local circles.

        I will also discuss how we organize ourselves fractally for larger
        projects such as My Food Story. We leverage the efforts of dozens of
        people by meeting them halfway regarding their own projects. We are now
        seeking projects from clients where optimally for 150,000 USD we would
        organize 1,000 workers to build momentum based on a value compatible
        with our shared value of "caring about thinking". Businesses from
        Silicon Valley to Western Europe are responding with interest in our
        ability to organize so many small projects that make for a wave of
        innovation.

        Bullet List of Objectives or Main Points (5-10)

        Please ask yourself:
        * What is your deepest value in life?
        * What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but intend to
        answer?
        * What is a project or experiment that you'd like done on-the-ground?
        * Which of our African projects do you find most interesting, and why?
        * Who might benefit from our teams?

        Short description of Organization

        Minciu Sodas is a laboratory for serving and organizing independent
        thinkers around the world. It was founded in 1998 and currently has 150
        active and 1,500 supportive participants, some 20 worknets (global
        villages, participatory society, learning from each other, holistic
        helping, living by truth, loving God, back to the root, social
        agriculture, fighting peacefully, motivation through sacrifice,
        meaningful inclusion, ethical design...) and paid researchers in Kenya,
        Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Lithuania, Finland,
        Israeli-occupied Palestine and Silicon Valley. Minciu Sodas is
        headquartered in Vilnius, Lithuania.

        Background of presenter in one paragraph

        Andrius Kulikauskas, Ph.D. is the founder of Minciu Sodas. In 1993, he
        received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of California at
        San Diego. His deepest value is "living by truth" and he is exploring
        "How does the knowledge of everything unfold?" He seeks to know
        everything and apply that knowledge usefully.
      • fdkayiwa
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
          ANDRIUS AND ALL
          i can see many shoe makers here and repairs
          is there still need for the stories
          that ican get you some stories from the city here?