Investigations with African Independent Thinkers

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
      Asif,

      The title for my webinar is "Investigations with African Independent
      Thinkers".
      The date is April 26th, Thursday.
      Who from Africa would like to participate, please let us know!
      And we will let each of you speak or present or interact at least for
      five or ten minutes.

      The topic is learning how to work with you as independent thinkers.
      Please talk about yourself, your investigatory questions and what kinds
      of projects you would like to do in your local area? What African
      connections would you like to make? What global connections?

      I will present what I have learned so far and what I would like to try
      in the future. I imagine this as a working meeting for us.

      Asif, I will write more as you request, but I don't have a document
      editor for your Microsoft Word document so I will ask your help to edit
      that.

      Thank you for this opportunity!

    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
        Andrius:

        This will mainly be a presentation by you. I can not guarantee any people
        from Africa, although we do get some - we advertise in African Listservs.
        What you mostly get are people of means and maybe from the Universities.
        This is different than the people we are trying to attend to. But the people
        that do log on can make influential changes. So lets see what we get. In the
        meantime I would like you to think of it as your presentation.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2007
          Hi Asif,

          Here is information for our webinar entitled "Investigations with
          African Independent Thinkers". Fred Kayiwa of Uganda has agreed to join
          us! And our logo is here: http://www.ms.lt/logo.gif Andrius

          ------------------------------------
          Event Background
          ------------------------------------

          Andrius Kulikauskas: I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory
          http://www.ms.lt for serving and organizing independent thinkers around
          the world. We are interested to include the widest variety of
          independent thinkers. Currently, we are especially active in Africa,
          with paid researchers in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria and Cameroon.

          I will provide examples of how we have engaged African independent
          thinkers and how they are inspiring us as leaders at our laboratory.
          (Indeed, I hope to include some of our African participants!) By
          focusing on "independent thinkers" we are able to select those
          participants who it is wise to invest in. They "work for free" on their
          own projects and thereby demonstrative that they are constructive
          self-directed workers. In this way we filter out those who might behave
          destructively for the sake of attention or money. We have found that
          independent thinkers in Africa can work in increments of 100 USD to
          conduct a variety of exciting projects that also make them more
          verifiable, such as collecting personal stories, interviewing local
          activists, or drawing social maps. We are especially interested in
          pairing independent thinkers online in the developed world and
          on-the-ground in the developing world. An initial project helps them
          understand each other in terms of their values and investigatory
          questions. It is then possible to start work on on-the-ground projects
          such as fish ponds, greenhouses, wireless Internet access, computer
          assembly, and local shoe production. Our African participants have
          taken the lead in our on-the-ground work, in representing us at
          conferences, in reaching out to new participants based on their values,
          in experimenting with business ideas, in making good use of marginal
          Internet access, in multilingual participation, and in linking our
          global network with local circles.

          I will also discuss how we organize ourselves fractally for larger
          projects such as My Food Story. We leverage the efforts of dozens of
          people by meeting them halfway regarding their own projects. We are now
          seeking projects from clients where optimally for 150,000 USD we would
          organize 1,000 workers to build momentum based on a value compatible
          with our shared value of "caring about thinking". Businesses from
          Silicon Valley to Western Europe are responding with interest in our
          ability to organize so many small projects that make for a wave of
          innovation.

          Bullet List of Objectives or Main Points (5-10)

          Please ask yourself:
          * What is your deepest value in life?
          * What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but intend to
          answer?
          * What is a project or experiment that you'd like done on-the-ground?
          * Which of our African projects do you find most interesting, and why?
          * Who might benefit from our teams?

          Short description of Organization

          Minciu Sodas is a laboratory for serving and organizing independent
          thinkers around the world. It was founded in 1998 and currently has 150
          active and 1,500 supportive participants, some 20 worknets (global
          villages, participatory society, learning from each other, holistic
          helping, living by truth, loving God, back to the root, social
          agriculture, fighting peacefully, motivation through sacrifice,
          meaningful inclusion, ethical design...) and paid researchers in Kenya,
          Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Lithuania, Finland,
          Israeli-occupied Palestine and Silicon Valley. Minciu Sodas is
          headquartered in Vilnius, Lithuania.

          Background of presenter in one paragraph

          Andrius Kulikauskas, Ph.D. is the founder of Minciu Sodas. In 1993, he
          received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of California at
          San Diego. His deepest value is "living by truth" and he is exploring
          "How does the knowledge of everything unfold?" He seeks to know
          everything and apply that knowledge usefully.
        • fdkayiwa
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2007
            ANDRIUS AND ALL
            i can see many shoe makers here and repairs
            is there still need for the stories
            that ican get you some stories from the city here?