Great Work From My Food Stories

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2007

      Hi Andrius and All,

      Great and glad to appreciate every one of us for good work we did for my food story. I am happy and thank my team for the excellent work. There is still a lot in our hands to expand the couragous attitude of Sharing. I am hoping to see greater things as the year Advances.

      I also see, Greg is happy with our two stories from the fishermen. Yes! our concern around the Lake Victoria is unpredictable rainfall, minimal fish catch, limited agricultural activities due to lack of rainfall. This is because of the depletion of the environment and excessive use of natural resources. We need to do a lot on the lake and it's environs to tap water catchment areas. Sometimes lack of information is making the communities poor. Now the planting is on and the sown crops are drying due to lack of rainfall, soon the crops will dry and re-planting. The people does not know when to recieve rainfall and when to palnt, believe in old methods of planting and old days of climatic trends.

      Integrated farming management approach is better if adopted. We need to diversify ways of making the people do Fish farming, to help the management of the natural resources and preserve many fish species. If the land cannot give good harvest and the lake cannot give fish, then what can people do with the drying lake Water? We need integrated approach for Farm management and Fish farming, we have to bring technology at work to improve community understanding. I love Jeff's ideas of Integrated Farming Management. It is an Idea which can help the comunity we work with here improve farming and food Production.

      I thank all for the good work at My food Story.
      Sam

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,