RE: [learningfromeachother] RE: Funding for travel to Nairobi conference?

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007

      By e-medicine I mean the use of solar power to power a camera/video system that broadcasts images and sound to the main hub – Nairobi , here a Dr. can help with the diagnoses. We plan to have courses in Public Health via CAWDNET that works in Nigeria – they have partnered with us. Hence, having local villages with someone educated in Public Health will be of great benefit in dealing with the main Physician at the hub. We will also look for grants that will help getting generators. We are also looking into Wi-Max which has a broader spectrum than Wi-Fi. If there is an expert out there in Wi-Max, please let me know. There is a satellite dish located at the rift valley that I want to see if we can tap into that. All these are possibilities that need to be looked into seriously. I can only attend if I find funding – hence my commitment for this year is tentative.