Preparing for a Webinar on April 26th

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30 7:25 AM
      Hi Asif,

      Thank you for your preparations for a webinar on April 26th for me and
      others at our lab to present our ideas about e-learning.

      I looked over your forms. I note the following statement:

      "As a participant we are happy to supply you with an archive/link of the
      interview/Webinar for your own interest and purposes. However, the right
      to use the interview as part of a business rests with Trainerspod.com
      alone. TrainersPod.com will be the owner of the materials obtained from
      the Webinar/Interview."

      Is it possible to change that? Our laboratory's work is in the Public
      Domain except as noted. Certainly I want my own creative work to be in
      the Public Domain, and as much as possible, my interactions with others.
      The statement above as stands would make it unattractive for me to
      participate.

      Let's discuss through Pamela's group Learning From Each Other so that we
      can all participate and learn from this matter.

      Thank you!

      asif.daya@... wrote:

      > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
      >
      > Asif.

      *_Letter of Agreement for Interviewees / Webinars of Trainerspod.com_*

      On behalf of Trainerspod.com we are grateful for the opportunity to have
      you join us for an online interview/provider of the Webinar. It is
      important that all concerned understand the nature of participation in
      these events. With this in mind, we have put together this brief guide.

      *Duration of Interviews/Webinar*

      We anticipate that interviews/Webinar will typically last 60 minutes,
      with an additional 30 minutes for questions. The 30 minutes will be
      after a quick analysis of the audience’s input. It is recommended that
      if this is a Webinar you break it up into portions of 15-20 minutes
      segments so that those that are text messaging may be attended to.
      Hence, you speak for 20 minutes, take a 10-15 minute Q&A break and
      repeat the process 2 more times.

      *Archiving Permission*

      It may be that the entire or only part of the interview/Webinar will be
      used in the shows/Trainerspod site or another site. It may also be that
      different parts of the interview/Webinar archive may be used again for
      different shows as may be appropriate. We will also place your materials
      (e.g. PowerPoint’s) on our site. We reserve the right to place your
      materials or materials gathered from this above mentioned process of
      archiving from the interview/Webinar on sites such as Google Video
      (HTU_http://video.google.com/_UTH) or Google Podcasts
      (HTU_http://base.google.com/base/search?a_n0=podcasts&scoring=ld&a_y0=9&a_s0=0&a_r=1_UT
      <http://base.google.com/base/search?a_n0=podcasts&scoring=ld&a_y0=9&a_s0=0&a_r=1>H)
      or anywhere else that we may see fit. We reserve the right to convert it
      to any other format, such as Podcasts/Camtasia files etc.

      *OWNERSHIP*

      We will provide you with the link to the file that is archived, however
      we have full and complete ownership of it and any other formats of it
      such as Podcasts/Camtasia files etc.

      *Outcomes of the Interviews*

      As a participant we are happy to supply you with an archive/link of the
      interview/Webinar for your own interest and purposes. However, the right
      to use the interview as part of a business rests with Trainerspod.com
      alone. TrainersPod.com will be the owner of the materials obtained from
      the Webinar/Interview.

      No payment will be provided either for the archive use or for any
      involvement in the Trainerspod.com materials or shows. There will be a
      complimentary USB Bus sent to you as soon as we have your address.
      Participation in the show will be understood as acceptance of this
      agreement.

      *Software Used*

      All Trainerspod.com interviews/Webinars will be conducted via
      Skype/Elluminate respectively and recorded. All Webinars will be via
      Elluminate and recorded as well. Participants in interviews will be
      required to download the skype client software from
      HTU_http://www.skype.com_UT <http://www.skype.com/>H and those for the
      Webinar from HTU_www.elluminate.com_UT <http://www.elluminate.com/>H and
      HTU_www.elluminate.com/support_UT <http://www.elluminate.com/support>H .
      You are responsible to make sure that your computer is set-up for use
      with Elluminate by visiting HTU_http://www.elluminate.com/support_UTH .
      To make sure you are prepared, please go to
      HTU_http://www.elluminate.com/demo/live_demo.jsp_UTH and choose to
      configure your computer to use Elluminate Live. If any difficulties
      arise or particular needs change, we reserve the right to change to
      another software package but full support will be attempted to be
      provided where feasible.

      When you log in, you may be prompted to download Sun Microsystem's Java
      Web Start (or Open JNLP for Mac), a pre-requisite to Elluminate Live!
      You only need to do this the first time you use Elluminate Live!.

      To set-up your audio visit _http://elluminate.com/support/_ and go to
      the configuration room. Other issues can be solved at this URL via their
      troubleshooting wizards.

      The minimum PC requirements are a Pentium III 500 MHz CPU running
      Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB of memory and a sound card. The minimum
      Mac requirements are Mac OS 9.1/9.2, Mac OS X 10.1.5/10.2/10.3/10.4,
      running on a G3 233 MHz CPU with either 64 MB (OS 9), 128 MB (OS X
      10.1.5/10.2/10.3) or 256 MB (OS X 10.4).

      To get maximum benefit from Elluminate Live! all users should have a
      microphone and speakers.

      *Training*

      If you have never used Elluminate or you just need training on
      Elluminate we would need to know 3-4 weeks in advance so that we may
      schedule a practice session that is conducive to everyone’s schedule.
      The training session takes 30 mins to 1 hour.

      *Needs Prior to Participation (3-4 weeks ahead)*

      We require the following *_3-4 weeks ahead_*:

      1.

      Your address – so that we may mail you a complimentary USB Bus

      2.

      Your day time telephone contact including area code

      3.

      Your time Zone compared to EST (please give us hours ahead or
      behind EST) – To get the time zone visit:
      _http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html_ for time
      conversion.

      4.

      A short biography/CV from all interviewees to support the audio
      and video interviews/Webinars and to place on our maps of
      participants and promotion. Ideally this will be no more than a
      two pages of a word document and we welcome the addition of links
      to the interviewee’s web site as part of the document.

      5.

      A photo of you, if you so choose, to be placed on the site and the map

      6.

      10 questions that we may ask you (if there are no takers) relevant
      to the Webinar and then after the Webinar we will post them and
      send you the URL to go and answer them so that we may start a
      string of discussion

      7.

      Your multimedia, PowerPoint slides, links etc. that you wish to
      use for the Webinar….we need time to convert them to Elluminate’s
      format. If you have MPEG, Flash or Quick Time, we need to let our
      participants know ahead of time to install their plugins.

      8.

      We will need you to go to the INFO
      (_http://www.trainerspod.com/info_) page read it for any errors
      and from there to the registration page to REGISTER yourself
      (_http://www.trainerspod.com/register_).

      9.

      Signed 2 documents included

      10.

      We need you to go to an example of the INFO page that has details
      about your Webinar and Objectives – we will send you the URL – you
      will need to make such a template in Notepad so that we can
      convert it to HTML with the photos – or you can send it in HTML format

      11.

      We will need you to go to a URL that we will provide where you
      will see examples of a FLYER that is a short brief version of the
      INFO page. We need you to create this as the template provided.
      This will be mailed to all participants. Hence we need all this in
      advance, so that we may recruit an audience.

      *Release*

      It is hereby understood that you release Trainerspod.com and its
      constituents and consultants from all and any liabilities whatsoever
      that may arise from this endeavour. We reserve the right to change the
      Webinar and own it as a Webinar or in any other fashion such as
      Podcasts, Camtasia files etc.

      *DATES:

      *All materials such as_ topic heading_, _your CV_, _10 pre-made
      questions_ from the author to ask the author and place on file where the
      author will answer them, providing the _PowerPoint’s or any other
      materials_ for the presentation to be converted to Elluminate’s version
      and preparing out the _Flyer and Info sheet_ to be made ready for
      marketing should be done *_3-4 weeks in advance_* and registering
      yourself once the pages are ready. If you need training on Elluminate
      let us know 3 weeks in advance so that we may schedule a practice session.

      Author/Interviewee Signature: ___________________________________________

      Name: _____________________________________________

      Date: _____________________________
    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 30 12:17 PM
        Andrius:

        The only reason that I have that there is:

        1. So that we have the right to place it anywhere on our site
        2. We have the right to place it on Google's Educational link that I
        provided or something similar when doing a business promotion or applying
        for a grant
        3. We have the right to modify it for our users
        4. We have the right to modify it in format - such as using Camtasia to
        capture it or some other tool e.g. making it into a Podcast or converting it
        into another language

        We are not trying to take away your Academic freedom.....but we are trying
        to improve on the product and promote it - which is what you want by keeping
        it in the Public Domain.

        Hence, that statement. You still have the right to come and update it.

        Does this make sense?

        asif.daya@... wrote:

        > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
        >
        > Asif.

        ---

        Date: _____________________________
      • Maria Agnese Giraudo
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31 6:52 AM
          Dear Asif , Andrius and all,
           due to my recent interest  in e-learning  now I would like to partecipate at Webinar interview and I'll send all my information later. Regarding Asif i would like to contact you and although I can't pay for you, I'm very sorry if you can't partecipate at the conference in Nairobi. It's crazy because you are working in the field and you  are invited as speaker too.(Anyway I don't know where you live, perhaps in Florida?). I would like to chat with you and Andrius. We have to find a solution.
          Keep in touch!
          Maria Agnese

          http://www.ms. lt
          ms@...

          asif.daya@trainersp od.com wrote:

          > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
          >
          > Asif.

          ---

          Date: ____________ _________ ________

        • Maria Agnese Giraudo

            Thank you for your preparations for a webinar on April 26th for me and
            others at our lab to present our ideas about e-learning.

            I looked over your forms. I note the following statement:

            "As a participant we are happy to supply you with an archive/link of the
            interview/Webinar for your own interest and purposes. However, the right
            to use the interview as part of a business rests with Trainerspod. com
            alone. TrainersPod. com will be the owner of the materials obtained from
            the Webinar/Interview. "

            Is it possible to change that? Our laboratory's work is in the Public
            Domain except as noted. Certainly I want my own creative work to be in
            the Public Domain, and as much as possible, my interactions with others.
            The statement above as stands would make it unattractive for me to
            participate.

            Let's discuss through Pamela's group Learning From Each Other so that we
            can all participate and learn from this matter.

            Thank you!

            http://www.ms. lt
            ms@...

            asif.daya@trainersp od.com wrote:

            > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
            >
            > Asif.

            ---

            Date: ____________ _________ ________

          • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 31 9:13 AM

              Maria:

              What is your significant expertise that you would like to share globally. I say globally, because although we advertise to African Listservs, we also advertise to other e-learning, e-health and e-business Listservs, depending on the topic and thus we get a global response. Our last Webinar had 60 people attend, although 120 registered. I was told that a 50% return rate is very good – although I am trying to find ways to improve that. We had people from all over the world, especially from Pam McLean’s group of 12 teachers in Nigeria and Pam and Ochuko. They projected the screen and shared it. They apparently used a generator to get everything running. Anyway, now that you have an idea of our audience (oh, and BTW we use Elluminate to do the Webinar), you can better decide on your topic and we would love to have you speak. Please send me a copy of your CV or BIO. Thanks for thinking about me trying to get to the conference.

              Asif.

              Thank you for your preparations for a webinar on April 26th for me and
              others at our lab to present our ideas about e-learning.

              I looked over your forms. I note the following statement:

              "As a participant we are happy to supply you with an archive/link of the
              interview/Webinar for your own interest and purposes. However, the right
              to use the interview as part of a business rests with Trainerspod. com
              alone. TrainersPod. com will be the owner of the materials obtained from
              the Webinar/Interview. "

              Is it possible to change that? Our laboratory's work is in the Public
              Domain except as noted. Certainly I want my own creative work to be in
              the Public Domain, and as much as possible, my interactions with others.
              The statement above as stands would make it unattractive for me to
              participate.

              Let's discuss through Pamela's group Learning From Each Other so that we
              can all participate and learn from this matter.

              Thank you!

              http://www.ms. lt
              ms@...

              asif.daya@trainersp od.com wrote:

              > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
              >
              > Asif.

              ---

              Date: ____________ _________ ________

            • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 31 3:17 PM

                Maria:

                Yes, I live in Florida . But I’m originally from Kenya .

                Asif.

                Thank you for your preparations for a webinar on April 26th for me and
                others at our lab to present our ideas about e-learning.

                I looked over your forms. I note the following statement:

                "As a participant we are happy to supply you with an archive/link of the
                interview/Webinar for your own interest and purposes. However, the right
                to use the interview as part of a business rests with Trainerspod. com
                alone. TrainersPod. com will be the owner of the materials obtained from
                the Webinar/Interview. "

                Is it possible to change that? Our laboratory's work is in the Public
                Domain except as noted. Certainly I want my own creative work to be in
                the Public Domain, and as much as possible, my interactions with others.
                The statement above as stands would make it unattractive for me to
                participate.

                Let's discuss through Pamela's group Learning From Each Other so that we
                can all participate and learn from this matter.

                Thank you!

                http://www.ms. lt
                ms@...

                asif.daya@trainersp od.com wrote:

                > Please fill out the following: Attached ASAP.
                >
                > Asif.

                ---

                Date: ____________ _________ ________

              • jinan kodapully
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2007
                  Hello
                  As usual  we are having the sensing nature; knowing nature event at Aruvacode, Nilambur, Kerala.during April, May. Do come.
                  The fundamental issues we raise through this event is the 'nature of learning,  biologically embedded aesthetic sense in children, role of the 'teacher', do nothing method etc.
                  We hope to have dialouges, presentations etc with the visitors to the event.

                  Usually around 60 children of the age 5 to 17 from the village attends the workshop.
                  It looks like that we are already born with aesthetic sense. I think this is our connection to the world  and the  way we conduct our lives provided we leave that to the nature in all of us.
                  Senses which is our doors to the outer world and also to the inner world is what needs to be addressed and that too in a manner that would enhance the inherent, natural, biological tendency in all human beings to be in beauty and to know.
                  The work shop on sensing nature is for providing space to come together to listen, to see, to taste, to touch, feel, to make etc. Senses connects not only to knowledge but also to the beauty of living. Sensitivity is in a way is matter of the awakening of the senses and feelings.
                  There is no teaching.
                  Development of aesthetic sense which is the basis for all art forms seems to me the most important aspect to be explored as this would equip the student to pursue any art form at any time depending on the individuals interest and opportunities that might prop up.
                  Rather than learning skills to sing, paint, draw etc this would make a qualitative and an attitudinal change in the learner.
                  Teaching is not called for but by providing an environment that would allow the natural in us to come forth.
                  This would require sensitivity, trust and indeed careful planning for the unplanned to happen.
                  You can see examples of applying this method which I call 'do nothing training method' at two sites.
                  In my work with potters in Nilambur, Kerala I have applied this method. The site www.kumbham.in , http://www.kumbham.in/tiles .html would give an idea of the kind of original and creative work the people who went through this method has been impacted up on. And also the workshop 'Sensing Nature; Knowing nature' during the two months holidays (April, May) which I have been doing since 2003.
                  http://www.hindu.com/quest /200409/stories/200409110254040 0.htm

                  Jinan

                  Jinan,
                  www.re-cognition.org
                  www.kumbham.in
                  http://my.opera.com/jinankb/albums/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/terracotta_murals/sets/72157594503980465/
                  09447121544
                  0487 2386723

                  The fish are biting.
                • samuel kongere
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007

                    Dear Edward, Andrius, Jackton, Helen and All,

                    Pleasure and great to see much progress going on through here on our intended center for Orphans. The Help for Orphans International school is going to pick up in May and we are gettting our first registration of children for the school. This is going to be a great chance for the children and the entire community in Lambwe division in Suba district.

                    We have taken the better part of our time to collect views of the community members and what they think about the school. There is something funny about the site where the school is, as most of the schools are in Mbita and its enviroment and the ones near here are far. The Help for Orphans International school in Lambwe is going to help the children much with the intended services.

                    The Help for Orphans International school is co-founded by us and The Help for Orphans International, an organization helping children in developing countries from USA you can check our site www.helpfororphans.org our initiative will oversee that the children boarding in school and this will only be for orphans who cannot fend for themselves. The school will have solar panels to provide power., this will create an opportuinty for them to be introduced to computers and information technology .

                    This educational aspect will attract younger and elderly members of the community who are rapidly gaining interest in the unique resources that use of computers have to offer. The  location will also provide business people with convenient access to their morning coffee kiosks and spiritual needs as a community.  At this initial stage we are in dear need of funds to start the feeding programme as we continue to bulid and buy the necessary equipment.

                    As Edward mentions about One laptop for a child, many children can get this opportuinity to help them access information and share technology. In Moshi Tanzania Edward, we are going to connect you with a children's center there called 'Tunahaki'. 'Tunahaki' which is already connecting with organizations in USA and given they are in the coffee growing area of Kilimanjaro serves your purpose for connection. When we visit Moshi we will get you all the information in June.

                    Happy Easter!!!

                    Samwel Okech kongere
                    Nyamuga primary school
                    P.O BOX 191,
                    MBITA  040305-KENYA.
                    Cell: +254 725 600 439
                    FOSS ADMIRER
                    Community Development

                    Be a PS3 game guru.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                      Asif,

                      I agree with all your reasons. They are important.

                      If we agree that our webinar - and the contributions of all of the
                      participants - is in the Public Domain, then you have all of the rights
                      that you desire. Indeed, we all do!

                      But if you own the webinar - including my contribution - then I lose my
                      rights to my contribution. I have to depend on your good humor and I
                      also have to ask you for permission. That seems unnecessary. But also,
                      if our work is in any part inspired by God, then it seems unfair to him
                      that our work be restrained in any way.

                      May we agree that this webinar - and the contributions of all of the
                      participants - will be in the Public Domain?
                      If yes, then I will send my information as you request.

                      Thank you for this opportunity.

                    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 7, 2007

                        Andrius:

                        Yes, I agree all works will remain in the public domain, so long as TrainersPod can do what it needs to as listed below.

                        href="http://base.google.com/base/search?a_n0=podcasts&scoring=ld&a_y0=9&a_s0">http://base. google.com/ base/search? a_n0=podcasts& scoring=ld& a_y0=9&a_ s0
                        href="http://base.google.com/base/search?a_n0=podcasts&scoring=ld&a_y0=9&a_s0=0&a">http://base. google.com/ base/search? a_n0=podcasts& scoring=ld& a_y0=9&a_ s0=0&a

                        href="http://www.elluminate.com/">http://www.ellumina te.com/>H and
                        href="http://www.elluminate.com/support">http://www.ellumina te.com/support>H .
                        href="http://www.elluminate.com/support_UTH">http://www.ellumina te.com/support_ UTH .

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
                          Asif, Thank you! Yes I will do this. I will try to write in the next few
                          days. Greetings from Pamela McLean here in London where I am staying.
                          She had a great trip to Nigeria and she brought 500 USD of our
                          laboratory's money for My Food Story and related investigations that
                          we're thinking through. Today I fly to Hamburg, Germany. Happy Easter!
                          Andrius