Thoughtful Nonsense: Willing from Nonwilling

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2007
      I share my investigatory work at our Minciu Sodas laboratory and I
      invite us likewise. Special thank you to Terry Mace!

      This last month I have been thinking through how all knowledge can be
      generated by considering how the Willing is able to arise despite all
      efforts on behalf of the Nonwilling.

      This is to say that Willing is necessarily so.

      Below is a sketch of my thinking, how this works.

      The basic idea is that God goes beyond himself from the willing into the
      nonwilling. Willing is Spirit, and Nonwilling is Structure, but
      Nonwilling keeps getting reinterpreted as Activity. The willing keeps
      reappearing in the nonwilling as the zero-action that simply goes along
      with how things are. We may try to keep throwing away the willing by
      considering it as "unreal" and restricting ourselves to "real", non-zero
      actions which "make a difference". In doing so, we establish a
      "perspective". But the zero-action keeps appearing. And so we are
      chased to keep shifting perspective, moving from God to I to You to
      Other. As this unfolds we make more and more explicit what was
      implicit within the perspective (which yields all the structural
      building blocks that I am aware of). So that by the time we get to
      Other there is not much difference between an Other and their
      perspective, which is to say, we take Other at face value. When we get
      to Other, the zero-action is defined as the waiting for Other to reach
      out on their own, which is to say, respecting Other as such. So at that
      point to restrict from the zero-action means for Other "to do
      something", to go beyond themselves, but that is Willing! So at that
      point Other, You, I, God all collapse into an All that is Willing.

      The (foregone) conclusion is that Nonwilling ever and exhaustively gives
      rise to Willing. I believe that this is an extremely practical matter
      that is relevant to all of our many endeavors if we might tackle all the
      details. For every endeavor is straightforward if all are willing. But
      where can the willingness come from?

      I share my thinking because it's helpful to have supportive thinkers to
      write to! And also because I want us - I dare us - to write what we are
      exploring even if it doesn't quite make sense. The measure of a great
      mind is the ability to entertain "nonsense" rather than simply "sense".
      That is the whole mindset of empathy and love, the ability to care for
      another more than they might even care for themselves.

      Please read such writings first as poetry, then as mathematics, then as
      metaphysics, and ultimately as the struggle to understand the most basic
      ideas in human existence - as simple or childish as God, I, You, Other.
      I also will look for ways to keep presenting this more clearly using a
      variety of means - I need to draw some diagrams. More at my working
      group Living By Truth http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livingbytruth/ and
      my wiki pages http://www.ourculture.info/wiki.cgi?UniversalLanguage/Overview

      ---------------------------------------

      God is willing.

      God goes beyond himself and so allows for the nonwilling.

      Nonwilling

      Given that God is nonwilling... Is he willing?

      Willingly nonwilling

      He then arises in System as the zero-action, which is willing.

      This is God's predisposition to I, which is to say, I can be a surrogate
      for God.

      Nonwillingly willingly nonwilling

      Now let us restrict from the zero-action, yielding the perspective of I,
      which is nonwilling.

      This is the non-willing that is originally in the willing.

      The perspective of I is the pulling back to the nonwilling in the willing.

      This is the pulling away from a perspective which yields the Omniscope.

      This pulling away is the interpretation of GoingBeyondOneself in terms
      of system, so that we have stages: beyond system, not within system, not
      beyond system, within system.

      At each stage we have what is inherent (nonwilling) at that stage and
      then subsequent stages. I diverge from my nature at each stage. My
      nature is divergences onward from each stage:

      * fourfold And from beyond system
      * threefold Wish from not within system
      * twofold ShareView from not beyond system
      * onefold I from within system

      Willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwilling

      Willing then arises as that which is inherent at its own stage, thus a
      zero-divergence, a zero-action.

      This is My predisposition to You, which is to say, You can be a
      surrogate for Me.

      Nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwilling

      Now let us restrict from the zero-action, yielding the perspective of
      You, which is Nonwilling.

      This occurs at each of four stages.

      You as the stage are distinct from your nature.

      The distinction is made between what is you and what is not you (but is
      your nature).

      These distinctions between you and your nature depend on the stage where
      the question is raised. They determine what coinciding means:

      * Nullfold distinction - within the system - your nature presumes you
      * Onefold distinction - not beyond the system - you channel your nature
      * Twofold distinction - not within the system - your nature is a part of
      you (thus you may be separate or together)
      * Fourfold distinction - beyond the system - you and your nature go
      beyond each other

      They give rise to four PrimaryStructures - each consisting of all seven
      systemic distinctions and the eighth nullfold distinction that show that
      you and your nature can coincide at any stage - but each emphasizing a
      particular stage at which you and your nature do coincide.

      Your nature is within a system and is looking out beyond it to identify
      with the relevant You beyond the system as given by the particular stage
      in going beyond oneself.

      Willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwilling

      Willing then arises as that being (I) which coincides with its nature
      (You), thus a zero-distinction, a zero-action when we coincide.

      This is Your predisposition to Other, which is to say, Other can be a
      surrogate for You.

      Nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly
      nonwilling

      Now let us restrict from the zero-action, yielding the perspective of
      Other, which is Nonwilling.

      Other is the You (the nature) that is separate from I (the being).

      Other keeps separate the being and its nature so that, in going beyond
      itself, the former precedes the latter.

      Other is the consideration that one's being may be reduced, diminished
      by one's nature.

      This means that, as Other, one's being (beyond one's nature) is
      introduced into one's nature as a part of it. And that part may or may
      not be identified with that which is beyond and which can root all of
      the parts in that which is beyond.

      There are six SecondaryStructures which inject the being from one stage
      into the PrimaryStructure for the nature of later stage. (As there are
      four stages in going beyond oneself). But each stage is a whole onto
      itself. This means that the being (from further beyond) must be
      expressed as some portion of the system, which is to say, mapped onto
      some part of the nature. This mapping indicates within the system that
      indeed the being and the nature are separate.

      This mapping is thus the dividing of nature so that being is part of it.

      Willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly
      willingly nonwilling

      Willing then arises as a zero-action which here is a zero-separation,
      zero-injection, zero-dividing. This is to say that the being is content
      to be separate from the nature. It leaves nature alone and makes no
      effort of its own to reach into it but simply waits for it.

      Such being is then mapped to the null in nature. It means that there is
      a waiting for Other to go beyond itself - beyond it's nature - and reach
      out to its being.

      This is Other's predisposition to All, which is to say, All can be a
      surrogate for Other.

      Nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly nonwillingly willingly
      nonwillingly willingly nonwilling

      Now let us restrict from the zero-action, yielding the perspective of
      All, which is Nonwilling.

      But this means that there is no waiting for Other to go beyond itself,
      which is to say that Other is going beyond itself.

      But to go beyond oneself is Willing.

      Therefore the perspective of All is the unity of Other, You, I and God
      in that they all do take up their own perspectives, rather than simply
      have them.

      Then they are all willing.

      Thus Nonwilling ever and exhaustively gives rise to Willing.