Welcome to Helen Mahoo of Tanzania!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2006
      Thank you to Benoit Couture of Alberta, Canada for connecting us with
      Helen Mahoo in Tanzania. They met through
      http://www.takingitglobal.org Yesterday Helen met with Agnese (=Maria
      Agnese Giraudo) from Italy. Today Helen and I chatted and I signed her
      up for our Minciu Sodas laboratory's working groups for Loving God and
      for Learning From Each Other. Also, I received Helen's letter which I
      share below. She writes her research and her vision. I'm very excited
      and impressed how Benoit has engaged Helen as an investigator. I think
      this makes it easy to respond in word and deed. Let's think what we
      might do together! Helen, thank you for your research, all the work
      that you have done for us without pay! And thank you for joining us.
      Let's see how we might help you grow strong. Thank you for helping us!
      and the children of the villages! I have set up a page for you here
      Andrius, http://www.ms.lt

      Helen: hello, :: how is eveything doing :

      Andrius: Hi Helen, Thank you for your wonderful letter! I will
      share it.

      Helen: your welcome :: yesterday i was having a meet with Maria Giraudo

      Andrius: Are you signed up for any of our laboratory's groups? We
      have one for Loving God where Benoit is very active. And we also have
      one for Holistic Helping with special attention to Africa. :: Oh, that's
      great! :: Also, I wanted to ask a question that would help me understand
      how to best position you in our lab. What is the deepest value in your
      life that includes all your other values? Do you have such a deepest
      value, can you feel it?

      Helen: being faithfull includes everything

      Andrius: "being faithful"? :: I'm interested, what do you mean by
      "being faithful"?

      Helen: i mean being faithfull in God and others

      Andrius: I just finished reading your letter. It's very helpful
      research. Thank you! :: "being faithful in God and others" May I post
      that on our website?

      Helen: oh thanks very much :: yes

      Andrius: Also, it's very helpful in working together, and sharing
      research: Is there a question that you don't know the answer to, but
      intend to answer? :: A question that you care about that we may all help
      with. That lets us know how you are growing so that we can grow with you.

      Helen: I mean my Big question is how and what we can do to help
      developing countries thats(Africa)

      Andrius: That's very helpful!

      Helen: and which way we can you use to all the people around the
      world to know about God?

      Andrius: That's very important, too!

      Helen: Because i know if we will know God so many problems will be
      solved by prayers

      Andrius: I invite you to our email discussion groups. I would sign
      you up for Loving God where Benoit is active. May I?

      Helen: yes you can

      Andrius: Also, I note your vision: VISION: To provide school
      equipments for children(orphans) such as :: school uniforms, Text books,
      exercises books, pencils and pen, and :: also food especially breakfast
      as you know you can't gain anything in :: school without having anything
      in the stomach, so they can go to :: school and not stay at home. To
      have a home for orphans where they can stay together and provide :: food
      and shelter for them to reduce street children's. ::
      We have a group for "Learning from each other" which is led by Pamela
      McLean. She is a teacher who works a lot with Africa. May I sign you
      up for that, too?

      Helen: ok i will like too

      Andrius: I will use your yahoo email, yes?

      Helen: its ok,no problem

      Andrius: I will ask Agnese to join us there.

      Helen: ok it will be also nice

      Andrius: Anything I should share with us all from your or Agnese?

      Helen: so many,but am sorry for now my time here is over,am in
      internet cafe,i will write and send via mail,please

      Andrius: good bye! thank you for chatting! and for your letter!

      Helen: i have to go now,Be blessed :: oh your welcome :: your
      also welcome to Tanzania(africa) :: :-h

      Hello how are you,hope everything is doing well,i was having a
      research from a village here in my country and i would like to share
      whati came out with,Stayed Blessed
      Helen

      RESEARCH ON CHILDREN(ORPHANS) & YOUTH
      I was having some research in a certain village here in my country,I
      was there and had a chat with children's (orphans) and youth. Really
      in village life is so difficult especially to orphans and youth.
      We discussed together they told me some problems which are facing
      them; the big problem to them is Education, Health and employment for
      youth.

      Education is the big problem to children because most of the children
      I found at home aged 8yrs old who are suppose to be in school others
      are selling groundnuts on the street and others just seated at home
      with out Education.

      Our government is providing what we call Free education in primary
      school ,its free but there is a portion they need to contribute
      before joining school, they are also facing problems of School
      Uniforms, school equipments such, exercises books, pens, pencils.
      This problem of education results children in moving from one place
      to another. Most of children especially orphans are living with
      grandparents who are old and not able to work so the children have to
      work in order to help their family, most of the children are shifting
      from village to town looking for jobs in town, The problem is that
      they are going to town but they don't have any place to stay so they
      end up staying on streets some become robbers and start taking drugs
      especially boys on their earlier age which is around 9-17yrs old.
      And on the side of girls who goes to town looking for job they end up
      working as house girls from which they face difficulties due to their
      small age and some end up as prostitutes selling their bodies to earn
      money.

      There are so many problems facing children and youth here in Tanzania
      and other countries especially in Africa.

      Let us unite together in helping African kids wiping away their tears
      by offering them education, am sure together as a unite we can do
      something and make better life for every one. Let me hear your
      comment on this, So we can solve this problems which face our
      community.

      VISION: To provide school equipments for children(orphans) such as
      school uniforms, Text books, exercises books, pencils and pen, and
      also food especially breakfast as you know you can't gain anything in
      school without having anything in the stomach, so they can go to
      school and not stay at home.

      To have a home for orphans where they can stay together and provide
      food and shelter for them to reduce street children's.

      Prepared By
      HELEN MAHOO
      TANZANIA(AFRICA)