A question about Badiliko Dgital Hubs and First Thursday glitch

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 2:42 AM
      Hi folks

      I wonder if anyone knows about this project?

      I wonder if anyone could telll me about a project called Badiliko Digital Hubs -http://www.educationinnovations.org/program/badiliko-digital-hubs

      I have started to do some work for a company called Avanti - usually my work with Dadamac etc is unpaid but this is paid work! My boss showed me this link and asked if I knew about - but I have never heard about it. Does anyone else know about it? It looks impressive. It says it started in Nigeria and went to Kenya later. Perhpas it is very good - or pehaps it just has a good website. I wonder if anyone knows.

      First Thursday - the problem and plan B

      I put this notice up earlier this week and it is why I did nto send out reminders

      Usually we meet using an etherpad (this month it should be http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/p/August-2014-First-Thursday ) - but there is a problem with the server. You are welcome to try the link but it may not be fixed in time. Here is what I am thinking:

      1 - I won't send any reminders

      I know it is difficult for some people to join the group at the best of times. I don't want anyone to waste time trying to join the group when the server is not working. For this reason I will not send any reminders out this month. I will just let the day come and go.

      2 - I will try repeatedly

      I know it is possible some of the regulars will find the link and try to use it. Perhaps the server will be working by then. I don't want them to find no-one there. I will try the link repeatedly during the usual time slot.

      3 - An impromptu mini-meeting

      If we cannot meet in the usual way I may "wander around online' to see if I find any of the First Thursday people elsewhere on the Internet. I may go to Facebook, or google chat, or skype or twitter to see if I can find anyone to have an impromtu First Thursday mini-meeting with me during the usual First Thursday time slot.

      If you want to contact me through any of those channels to start the mini-meeting on Thursday I will be happy to chat (typed chat as usual - not speech - I expect to be online in a library)

      4 - Maybe not in real time

      If I don't find anyone online, and it is still the First Thursday timeslot, I may go back to sending a good old-fashioned email or two related to First Thursday - but probably by the time I've checked all other options a few times the hour will be over.

      I hope things will be back to normal for September.

      Pamela
      UK-Africa Connections
      I'm Pamela McLean - my surname gives the "mac" in "Dadamac"
      My "online workspace" is at http://dadamac.net/
      Twitter @Pamela_McLean
    • Dan Otedo
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2014
         Hello Pamela,
        I wish i had got this earlier. I hardly use my yahoo mail account since it was compromised.And i didn't sync it with my Hotmail account(dotedo@live).
        Who best to tell you about Badiliko than me! I have been consultant for the British Council and Microsoft  for the project and the Schools online in sub Saharan Africa.I did the Badiliko project initiation document  and also trained facilitators from 15 countries  3 clusters :East African cluster in Ethiopia  West African Cluster in Nigeria  and the south African Cluster in South Africa.
        You can look  see result of our work here 'Badiliko' project brings digital access to Sub-Saharan Africa. I have a company that does work in the technology in education space http://teacherprofessionaldevelopment.kbo.co.ke/home The 80 ICT hubs are working perfectly and are being used for cluster training of teachers on ICT in education,as well as resource centers for schools close to them
          If you need more info ,kindly contact me using my other email address  dotedo@...
        Sincerely
        Dan Otedo