Re: Fred: reply on Global Learn Day/Onet conference: Fred and Charles

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
      Fred, David,
      I´m glad that you are going and will meet!
      Fred, Mark Grimes wrote that he is interested to meet you, too.
      Fred, Please sign up people for our laboratory's groups as we discussed.
      Otherwise I don't have much to add except to look for potential opportunities
      for work or funding, to report on promising projects and approaches,
      especially what can we do for just a little bit of money, say 100 USD.
      Thank you,
      Andrius Kulikauskas

      Data , "kayiwa fred" <fdkayiwa@...> Rašyta:

    • David mutua
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
        Hi Kayiwa,
        You are welcome and looking forward to meet you at Gulu, i am sure we will connect somehow, trying to get a celtel line that will enable easier communication while there.

        David

        --- David mutua <davenzainga@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Dear Janet,
        > I trust this finds you well, i do appreciate
        > greatly for passing the information about the O-net
        > conference in Uganda, i qualified and i am set for
        > Gulu on saturday. I am linking with some of the
        > Kenyan O -netters at the bus station, is there
        > anyone you know that we can meet and
        > share..interests on ICT4D and Volunteering.
        >
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > David
        >

        > Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> wrote:
        > Dear Fred and All,
        >
        > Hello and great to hear from you! I see you have
        > been qualified to attend the Onet conference, but in
        > the "second tier" of funding, which means
        > that--after bursaries have been given to those
        > outside Uganda--you will be considered. I'm not sure
        > of the funding situation re bursaries, so can you
        > make it there under your own resources at all, or
        > what would you estimate you would need? And
        > Charles, are you interested in attending? The
        > registration should have taken place by Feb 1st, but
        > perhaps there is still time.
        >
        > On your other question, I'm not sure exactly what
        > you are referring to...do you mean you want to be
        > active in Global Learn Day activities, or moreso at
        > Learning (this forum), or Holistic Helping? Thanks
        > for clarifications, and also, please tell us more
        > abt yourself when you can (Andrius posted on this
        > subject last week, I think, and had some good
        > questions and suggestions for things you might
        > discuss).
        >
        > With all best wishes and blessings, Janet

      • kayiwa fred
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
          thanks adrius
          ihave seen the message from mark and he wants me to
          give hime some flyers
          on satuday or today but iwll take them on sunday as
          today iwill have some class
          well ihave to sign the intrested people am sure iwll
          do that
          ihave given some flyers to 2 degree students here in
          the main university and they showed intrest they are
          yet to repy me
          ihave prited 100 flyers and if there is needy iwill do
          more
          ihave to think about what can be done in 100us dolla
          but ithink holding some meeting with the intrested
          members who are coming from uganda will be ok and
          ihave to explain what we are all about get their inner
          feeling

          well adrius am writing afood story and it will need me
          also to travel to my home area village for more
          information so expect it after some days from the
          confrence

          === message truncated ===

          Be a PS3 game guru.
        • samuel kongere
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 18, 2007

            Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
            We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
            Bye!
            Sam

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          • David mutua
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 20, 2007
              Dear sam,
              Its nice to hear from you, thought that we will meet in Uganda but its ok that you priotised your activities.
              So far so good, i have met Fred who we had a very helpful discussion on how he would like to be more involved in to community development and how we can help each other/collaborate, he is a very lovely, energetic young man who is determined to make a difference in his life and to the world.
              I met Issa Isihaka, he is charming and are yet to share, i am sure there is alot we can explore together, he seems nice and ready to share a chunk of his works and knowledge.

              Sam, after Gulu, (next week) i will be in western and Nyanza provinces in Kenya, i am conducting a feasibility study on National (local) volunteering on behalf of VSO Kenya, i will be glad if we can make arrangements to visit your work, pls give directions from Kisumu, i will be able to drive to were you arrange to meet me. There alot to catfch and to explore, My proposal to COL for a teacher talking training got through the screening stage, i hope to invite Pam some time this year to facilitate the training and it will be good i we link up and explore ways of working together or sharing ideas and experiences.

              Warm regards,

              Straight from Gulu,

              David Mutua

              samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

              Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
              We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
              Bye!
              Sam

              always stay connected to friends.

            • samuel kongere
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007

                Dear David,
                Pleasure to hear from you all in Gulu. I trust we are building momentum and or representation at Gulu is good. I am also happy to meet you when you visit Nyanza. I am stationed in Rusinga Island and mostly you can reach Mbita from Kisumu through Ndori-Lwanda kotieno- board ferry with your vehicle and come safely to Mbita.

                Another route is Kisumu- Homa-bay- Mbita. It will be fine if you come to my place and discuss further working together. I will be very busy this week, going to meet one of my associates and walking her round the district but this cannot make us avoid you. Plan and update me to meet you and indicate for us that we will be in your activities.

                Issa is a great fellow and we are going to meet him when we visit Tanzania this coming June. I am really longing to meet Fred, he is very enthusiastic to develop his community, while we both discuss ICT issues. I don't know his interests concerning the community.

                Anyway David, we are sooning succeeding in our ICT goals and when you come we go heights by combining the efforts.
                Keep in touch.
                Sam

                samuel kongere <samkongere2004@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
                We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
                Bye!
                Sam

                always stay connected to friends.

                Samwel Okech kongere
                Nyamuga primary school
                P.O BOX 191,
                MBITA  040305-KENYA.
                Cell: +254 725 600 439
                FOSS ADMIRER
                Community Development

              • samuel kongere
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007
                  Dear Andrius,

                  I have just received the wireless equipment you sent through our school, great to have them. I am putting myself together and make the members know and then test them starting tomorrow. Great, There is too much here and this has greatly motivated our plans. This is going to be the first excellent move to test our ability for the long term project.

                  Last week, i met Sarah Ehrlich the  president and her team  of Help for Orphans international www.helpfororphans.org , which is joining hands with Me, as the information coordinator for kenya, Jacton as our country director, Paul Were as the deputy. We are going to be the co-founders of Help For Orphans International school in Lambwe Valley Suba, District. We need sponsors to help orphans at this school. Sarah and her team are also soliciting for funds to build the school.

                  Currently, this week I will meet Stephanie also from USA coming to stay with me. What can anybody do to these vulnerable children from this settlement Scheme?

                  For any interested well wisher can donate through the organization website or write to helpfororphans@... indicate you are refered by SAMWEL KONGERE information coordinator Kenya.

                   I trust most of this ground plans will make me and others here succeed for more broader goals for wireless information. The school will have a community library, Information centre etc. We are going to train teachers giving them international standards. We need a broader based thinking and after the land is surveyed, legal papers received we shall start putting more structures thro! donations. We are having three classes on site and hoping to finish them and start operation in May the second term.

                  I am going past some reformations and my community must go thro! information.
                  Immessely, I thank you once more for the wireless equipment.
                  Samwel

                  Samwel Okech kongere
                  Nyamuga primary school
                  P.O BOX 191,
                  MBITA  040305-KENYA.
                  Cell: +254 725 600 439
                  FOSS ADMIRER
                  Community Development

                  Be a PS3 game guru.
                • kayiwa fred
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007
                    hello aadrius and all
                    thanks for encouraging me to attend the confrence its
                    indeed lovly and educative ihave learnt much since its
                    my first confrence to attend
                    ihave met with different people but at last icant
                    forget david mutual who is so inteligent in the way he
                    does his things and discusing the important isues
                    well ihave to tell u more about the confrence cos am
                    still telling more about miciu sodas and hope to sign
                    am also trying to write my food story and ihope to
                    post it though it may require me trael to the base and
                    original of the food type and get much information
                    from diffrent elders
                    otherwise check omidyar discusions

                    Never miss an email again!
                  • kayiwa fred
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                      names
                      namesemail addressdeepest value in life questions with no answer
                      1.lubinga isamael luwal2003@...

                      uganda

                               trustwho/what is the cause of african conflict?

                      2.okello denisddenisokello@... love for every bodyhow to get rid of poverty/
                       uganda
                      choosen groupsglobal village,social,agriulture,ho

                      listic helping

                      3.eric wanyamahewanjamah@... honest who am i?
                      his group holistic helping
                      4.freida n.aniru[uganda] anirufrisakamuna@...

                      [hope to interact with the ms audience and also to learn more]comment

                       my relation with GODwhen will the human suffering come to an end, and how can the world be made abetter place?
                      her groupsglobal village,holistichelping,loving GOD,back to the root,unity in salvation
                      5.obala fred[uganda]obalafred@...my life belongs to poor needy communityidentifying practicle solution?
                      6.okot alexacderootalex@...helping the community through volunteeringwho are u working with?
                      7.ouma richard

                      kenya

                      richardouma@...child of GOD,and iwant to live honest and pefect to change my world abetter placewhat is the direction of the world today?

                      how can i be a man of impact in the world?

                      tell me more about minciu sodas and how can i get involved?

                      groups,social agriculture,fitghting peace,leaving by truth,unity insalvation
                      8.Ezra kayia[ug]ezrakayia@...
                       mendenyo;unity in salvation,the optimal life
                      9.amon mwangi[kenya]amonmwnagi@...
                    • kayiwa fred
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                        names
                        namesemail addressdepeest value question that you don't know to answer groups choosen
                        10.munnumomunnumo@...loving GOD,what languange should be spoken to terrosit?loving GOD.unity in salvation
                        11.richard kananga,po.box7722,

                        westlands-kenya

                        rkananga@...peace,understanding amongets the people in the worldwho am i and what is my role in the world?grobal village.fighting peace
                        12.joanita nambi[ug]njoanita@...honesty  holistic helping,loving God, living by truth,meanigful inclusion,unity in salvation
                        13.eric roberts kamunvi[kenya]eryka_rob@...

                        14.tom obonyo obonyofned@...

                        www.romero.online.com

                        GOD LOVES ME AND MY FAMILYwhy re u asking people about the 2q?global, village,holistic helping,leaning from each other,figthing for peace, unity in salvation
                        15.daniel karuiki[kenya]danielkariukim@...
                        16 semakula ronaldnamalem@...water is lifehow can water be life?iwant to get conected with miniciu sodas

                        iwork upon to see that rural comunities in uganda get good water

                      • kayiwa fred
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                          proposal for
                          proposal forthe use of 100 dollasat the momentwith ungent need
                          descriptionunit pricetotalusd
                          1.internet access 3 days a week for 6hrs in a week 2months it is 48hrs

                          1500x6x48

                          1hr x 6hrs in a week x 48 hrs in 2 month

                           7200041.1
                          transport fares from and to the

                          cyber cafe

                          1700x3x4x2

                          1700 to and fro

                          x3times in a week x 4weeks in a month x 2months

                          4080023.3
                          printing were necessary3x3x4x2

                          3 copies every week x 4 weeks x 2 months

                          1500x3x4x2

                          3600020.

                          the needy is that here in my city internet is expensive for me and it is a distance yet i need to be having much time on the line to compare and share i dears with others because i need to be reading all the  writings of other members such that ican also be an active person

                          and also there is aneed to be comunicating to all members who may want to join our group and we form aunity here in uganda

                          but it becomes hard for me because iget littlle time on the internet

                          thats why ineed to be with a computer home and aflsh disk such that when i go to the cyber cafe i use less time only to copy the important message and reply the mails then the rest i go and read from my own computer home since iwill have aready saved it on flash disk

                          and anice computer here wich is not so expensive cost 500000[285 dollas]

                          and flash disk is costing 90000[51 us dollas]

                          so Adrius you  asked me about what we can do in 100 us dollas

                          and this is what isee actually is urget

                          because ineed to communicate to new mebers here and isee what they think

                          and also ineed to write to you my food story wich needs me much time on the internet

                          though ihave got afriend who has acomputer home but not conected to internet but he assists regulary not always as he uses it to teach the students also

                          so thats were am going to type my food story also then after samuel assits me with  his flash disk and isave move to towm to cyber cafe and send it

                          but am sure all things will work here in uganda

                          be blessed

                        • David mutua
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                            Hi Sam,
                            Sorry, i had not seen this, it was lost in the bulk of unread mails
                            I will call to make arrangements for the 27th or 28th will confirm soon.

                            David

[...]

                            Looking for earth-friendly autos?

                          • kayiwa fred
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 27, 2007
                              ihave sent you the names of the people that signed in
                              for miniciu sodas i expect you to add them and did u
                              see the budget for the 100usd

                              === message truncated ===

                              http://new.mail.yahoo.com