Re: Westgate Terror Attack

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2013
      Kenneth,

      I am very sad for your loss, and your friends' families, all of Kenya
      and your friends around the world. It is a human calamity, unexpected
      and unnecessary.

      I don't know what we can do, but I share your letter with the Holistic
      Helping and Learning From Each Other online groups.

      (773) 306-3807
      http://www.selflearners.net

      2013.09.23 10:07, kenneth chelimo rašė:
      > Dear Andrius.
      >
      > I am sure you saw what happened to my beloved country Kenya last
      > saturday (international Paeace Day). Terrorists struck killing over 60
      > people and injuring more than 175 including children and women. I lost
      > two friends and a former workmate. It was so devastating. I have been
      > up and down trying to visit their families and donate blood for the
      > injured.
      >
      > What do you think we could do to make those aggrieved comfortable
      > especially families of the deceased and the injured and those
      > traumatized as people who promote peace in the world? I was thinking
      > of how best we could help them come out of this chilling scenario.
      >
      > Kindly let me have your feedback. Your can reach me on my cellphone
      > +254 722 809 690. Thanks

    • minciusodas
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2013

        Ken, I got a letter from Mamamikes, the service for buying cellphone minutes in Kenya.  It suggests:

        How Kenyan Diaspora Can Help?
        * Pray
        * Call and support family
        * Ask healthy ones to donate blood
        * Buy food & water for donation centers
        * Contribute money to Mpesa/Redcross

        So one idea would be to make and give presents to blood donors.  That's just an idea. I myself am not intending to give any money.  But others may.

        They also note the hashtags #Westgate #WeAreOne which can be used on Twitter and Facebook to find relevant information and to have yours found likewise.

        https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WeAreOne&src=hash&utm_source=MamaMikes+Email+Campaigns&utm_campaign=e8e049d814-Westgate_Tragedy_9_23_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f44abc7bac-e8e049d814-326110805

        Ken, thank you for your work to help and for informing us and including us.

        Andrius