Re: [learningfromeachother] We grieve Dennis Kimambo

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2013
      Dan,
      I'm sorry that I don't know very much at all.
      Dennis was reported missing about one week ago.
      It's been confirmed that he was killed, apparently, as part of a gory crime.
      He leaves a wife, a young daughter, and an unborn baby.
      Andrius

      2013.05.01 06:22, Dan Otedo rašė:

> [...]
      > *Sent:* Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:46 PM
      > *Subject:* [learningfromeachother] We grieve Dennis Kimambo
      >
      > I read today on Facebook that Dennis Kimambo, so wonderfully active in
      > our Pyramid of Peace, http://www.pyramidofpeace.net,/and a creative
      > force in Kenya's community theatre, REPACTED, has been killed. It is a
      > great loss.
      >
      > This tragedy is greatly unexpected. But I wish all of our participants
      > in Kenya to be alert to any signs for concern. I know of intimidation
      > against former participants this year which seems related to the recent
      > elections and the victory of the current President Uhuru Kenyatta (a
      > Kikuyu) and Vice President William Ruto (a Kalenjin), who have been both
      > charged by the International Criminal Court.
      >
      > It was clear to me then, as I wrote publicly then, and discussed with
      > Dennis and others as well, that the violence was not fueled only by
      > anger or revenge, but was being consciously instigated by political
      > thugs, both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, even in collaboration, as if they were
      > seeking a genocide that would alter Kenya in their favor.
      >
      > I don't know of the situation in Kenya nowadays. But please, if you
      > live in Kenya, be mindful and stay in touch with those you knew then,
      > and us, too.
      >
      > I was always so grateful to God that we all survived that time of great
      > violence even as we risked our lives and those of our friends. It was
      > important that we worked publicly and with open hearts. I encourage us
      > to continue in that way, taking many small risks, so we can help each
      > other, rather than large risks.
      >
      > It is mean that Dennis has been killed.
      >
      > Andrius
      >
      > Andrius Kulikauskas
      > ms@... <mailto:ms@...>
      > http://www.selflearners.net/
      > Chicago, Illinois, USA
      > +1 (773) 306-3807
      >
      > I wrote on Facebook:
      >
      > I am sad to learn that Dennis was killed, if I understand correctly. We
      > never met in person, but we worked together as two of the leaders of the
      > Pyramid of Peace to avert genocide in Kenya after the 2008 elections.
      > You can read our interactions online at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/He
      > was truly a great man, in character, deeds, creativity and love for all
      > people. I don't know any details of his death, and it may simply be a
      > crime, but he is a person who was central in appreciating in 2008 that
      > there were people, I think both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, instigating
      > genocide, (much as in Rwanda), and his bold, creative, loving leadership
      > was a key to their failure. He is a key person whose death could have
      > been politically motivated, for example, to keep him from testifying at
      > an international tribunal. I don't know the situation in Kenya since
      > then, and I hoped it was better, but I say this to inform those who
      > might not know. In any event, his loss is great for himself and his
      > family, but also for Kenya and the world.

    • Samwel Kongere
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2013

         Hello All,
        I had been sick and when i had time to check this news with grieve, I was down and when for thorough up check as i will try to go home and rest for sometimes.
        I have lost words MMMMMMM!
        Samwel

        Social Community Network/Information Coordinator,
        Suba/Mbita-Kenya
        'Aliving hope is desire' When it is socially lived!

[...]

        http://www.selflearners.net
        Chicago, Illinois, USA
        +1 (773) 306-3807

        I wrote on Facebook:

[...]