We grieve Dennis Kimambo

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 11:46 AM
      I read today on Facebook that Dennis Kimambo, so wonderfully active in
      our Pyramid of Peace, http://www.pyramidofpeace.net, and a creative
      force in Kenya's community theatre, REPACTED, has been killed. It is a
      great loss.

      This tragedy is greatly unexpected. But I wish all of our participants
      in Kenya to be alert to any signs for concern. I know of intimidation
      against former participants this year which seems related to the recent
      elections and the victory of the current President Uhuru Kenyatta (a
      Kikuyu) and Vice President William Ruto (a Kalenjin), who have been both
      charged by the International Criminal Court.

      It was clear to me then, as I wrote publicly then, and discussed with
      Dennis and others as well, that the violence was not fueled only by
      anger or revenge, but was being consciously instigated by political
      thugs, both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, even in collaboration, as if they were
      seeking a genocide that would alter Kenya in their favor.

      I don't know of the situation in Kenya nowadays. But please, if you
      live in Kenya, be mindful and stay in touch with those you knew then,
      and us, too.

      I was always so grateful to God that we all survived that time of great
      violence even as we risked our lives and those of our friends. It was
      important that we worked publicly and with open hearts. I encourage us
      to continue in that way, taking many small risks, so we can help each
      other, rather than large risks.

      It is mean that Dennis has been killed.

      http://www.selflearners.net
      Chicago, Illinois, USA
      +1 (773) 306-3807

      I wrote on Facebook:

      I am sad to learn that Dennis was killed, if I understand correctly. We
      never met in person, but we worked together as two of the leaders of the
      Pyramid of Peace to avert genocide in Kenya after the 2008 elections.
      You can read our interactions online at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net He
      was truly a great man, in character, deeds, creativity and love for all
      people. I don't know any details of his death, and it may simply be a
      crime, but he is a person who was central in appreciating in 2008 that
      there were people, I think both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, instigating
      genocide, (much as in Rwanda), and his bold, creative, loving leadership
      was a key to their failure. He is a key person whose death could have
      been politically motivated, for example, to keep him from testifying at
      an international tribunal. I don't know the situation in Kenya since
      then, and I hoped it was better, but I say this to inform those who
      might not know. In any event, his loss is great for himself and his
      family, but also for Kenya and the world.
    • Dan Otedo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2013
        Am Shocked! Please give us the details.

        Dan OTEDO
        Kenya ICT Trust Fund. P.O box 8475-00100 Nairobi.
        Tel: +254203745911 .Mobile:+254720366094

        I wrote on Facebook:

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            learningfromeachother-digest@yahoogroups.com
            learningfromeachother-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2013
          Dan,
          I'm sorry that I don't know very much at all.
          Dennis was reported missing about one week ago.
          It's been confirmed that he was killed, apparently, as part of a gory crime.
          He leaves a wife, a young daughter, and an unborn baby.
          Andrius

          2013.05.01 06:22, Dan Otedo rašė:

> [...]
          > You can read our interactions online at http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/He
          > was truly a great man, in character, deeds, creativity and love for all
          > people. I don't know any details of his death, and it may simply be a
          > crime, but he is a person who was central in appreciating in 2008 that
          > there were people, I think both Kikuyu and Kalenjin, instigating
          > genocide, (much as in Rwanda), and his bold, creative, loving leadership
          > was a key to their failure. He is a key person whose death could have
          > been politically motivated, for example, to keep him from testifying at
          > an international tribunal. I don't know the situation in Kenya since
          > then, and I hoped it was better, but I say this to inform those who
          > might not know. In any event, his loss is great for himself and his
          > family, but also for Kenya and the world.

        • Samwel Kongere
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2013

             Hello All,
            I had been sick and when i had time to check this news with grieve, I was down and when for thorough up check as i will try to go home and rest for sometimes.
            I have lost words MMMMMMM!
            Samwel

            Social Community Network/Information Coordinator,
            Suba/Mbita-Kenya
            'Aliving hope is desire' When it is socially lived!

                holistichelping-digest@yahoogroups.com
                holistichelping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/