Fred Kayiwa will represent us at Omidyar conference

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2007
      Please let's think what Fred Kayiwa might accomplish for us at the Omidyar
      network conference in Gulu, Uganda. The more that he can do for us, the
      better for our work together! Also, please know that Mark Grimes will be
      there and he is familiar with our Minciu Sodas lab.
      http://www.omidyar.net/user/u746967553/
      Thank you, Andrius Kulikauskas
      ---------------------------------------

      hi adrius
      its great that ihave now seen my doctor and can be able attend the confrence
      can you educate me more on how to represent the group
      because they may not give me chance to talk in public but imay talk to people
      individually?
      ----------------------------

      Fred,

      Thank you for agreeing to represent us at the Omidyar Network Conference in
      Gulu, Uganda on February 19-21.
      http://www.omidyar.net/group/conference/ws/UChecklist/

      I am glad that you have received the 200 USD which I sent. I am glad that
      you have seen your doctor! and that you can work for us.

      At the Omidyar conference, our main hope is that you get permission from
      people to sign up for our working groups. At the bottom of this page:
      http://www.ourculture.info/wiki.cgi?WorkingGroups
      You will find links to our flyer:
      http://www.ourculture.info/upload/AndriusKulikauskas/MinciuSodasFlyer.pdf
      That is a PDF file ready for printing. If you need to change it, use this:
      http://www.ourculture.info/upload/AndriusKulikauskas/MinciuSodasFlyer.doc

      The flyer lists all of our working groups. Tell people that this is how we
      stay together so that we can help each other on the projects that we care
      about. Tell them that we want to know what they really care about - what
      their deepest values are, what questions they ask themselves - so that we can
      meet each other half way. We ask people to "work for free" on their own
      projects and share that publicly. Then we know that such people will be
      self-directed when we have the opportunity to "work for pay". You can give
      them examples how we are working on MyFoodStory, how we have sent Samwel to
      the World Social Forum, and so on.

      If people can write in the flyer about themselves, then we can find a group
      for them. Otherwise, just ask for their permission: Yes or No, may you sign
      them up for a group? Tell them that they can always quit, for example, by
      writing to the leader of the group.

      Please print out 100 flyers to hand out to people and collect from them.
      Also, make sure that you are signed up here:
      http://www.omidyar.net/group/conference/ws/ParticipantsUgandaFeb07/
      under "Will be there".

      I will write more about how you might help. But please think about our
      working groups and see how they relate to the conference discussions:
      http://www.omidyar.net/group/conference/ws/UgConferenceDiscussions/

      And also, don't be shy! I think you will have one or more opportunities to
      talk about our laboratory and about MyFoodStory because I think it will have
      an open agenda, "open space". Please know that you are representing more
      than 100 active and 1,000 supportive participants and that this money is very
      dear to us. We are doing very important work, we respond to people who need
      help or support, and we want to be heard and to reach out.

      I will write more about directions to think about, but I ask our participants
      to speak up!

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2007
        to be honest adrius am not shy
        though imay look young in the confrence but ibelieve
        they will listen to me and though its my first
        confrence in my life iknow GOD will help be perfect
        well
        ihave to print
        am aready regersterd and ihave to travel with the rest
        of the group on 19th
        see u with other guide lines
        plesae
        thanks