University of Edinburgh is one of the world-leading centres of academic excellence which aims to create and disseminate knowledge for the people. The university offers the best quality learning for the greater well-being of the students. The university also wishes to enhance its position as one of the world’s leading and teaching universities.
The University of Edinburgh is currently inviting applications for Edinburgh Global Development Academy Master’s from eligible candidates in select countries. The University will offer 2 Master’s covering the overseas rate of fee for students from less developed countries and 2 Master’s scholarships covering the “home” rate of tuition fee for UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
Each for students from less developed countries will cover the overseas rate of tuition fee, while further two scholarships will cover the UK/EU rate of tuition fee only.
Programs of StudyScholarships will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Development Academy programmes:
- MSc and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc International Development
- MSc Science, Technology and International Development
- MSc South Asia and International Development
The scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Development Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in the countries eligible.
- ; Angola; ; Benin; ; Burkina Faso; Burundi; ; Cape Verde; Central Republic; Chad; Comoros; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea;
- ; ; Guinea; Guinea Bissau; Haiti; Kribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; ; ;
- Madagascar; ; ; Mali; Mauritania; ; ; ; Niger; ; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Sierra Leone; ; Somalia; ; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tuvalu; ; United Republic of ; Vanuatu; Yemen; ; ;
Countries listed above are defined as least developed nations by the United Nations Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical sub-regions, and selected and other groupings.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.Last date for submitting the applications is April 2, 2012.
For more information, visit this link.