[CALD International] 12/13/2011 06:57:00 PM

  • David N. Mutua
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2011
      Wayan Vota Joins the VSO International Board

      Picture a dusty, hot Saturday afternoon in Kaduna, Nigeria, the buzz of cheap Chinese motorbikes filling the air. In the backroom of a small community foundation, I introduce myself to the two people told to me as the "hardest working loan officers at Fantsuam Foundation." Bent over their laptops, sweat dripping on their brow, two Kenyan VSO volunteers are doing intricate financial modeling in their role as loan officers for the foundation.
      This was my first introduction to of Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) volunteers in the field and I was immediately impressed with them and VSO in general. Peace Corps volunteers work hard (I was one, briefly) but not on Saturdays. And to see Africans volunteering in Africa gave me great pride and renewed hope

      For more information follow the link - http://wayan.com/community-of-practice/wayan-vota-joins-vso.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WayanVota+%28Wayan+Vota%29

      --
      Posted By David N. Mutua to CALD International at 12/13/2011 06:57:00 PM