Dadamac Day - First Thursday 3rd November 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2011
      Each November since 2005 we have had an annual online celebration. This year we are holding it on an etherpad and you are invited to join us.

      Just click on the link

      You don't have to sign in or download anything. You just click on the link - http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/November-First-Thursday-and-Dadamac-Day. .

      There are two ways to join in.

      There are two ways to join in - signing the visitors' book or joining in the online celebration.

      The visitors book

      You can simply "drop by and sign our visitors book". You can do that at any time from now. Just click the link Read down the page a bit and you'll find instructions for joining in. Just type in your name and country and leave us a message. If you have time to write something about who you are and how you link with Dadamac better still. However, even if you just put your name and country and there is no message it would be lovely to see that you had visited our celebration.

      Joining the celebration time

      You are invited to join us online for an etherpad typed chat. Various Dadamac people and friends of Dadamac will be online between 1pm and 4pm GMT. For your local time see The World Clock – Time Zone Converter  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html - and for those of us in countries with daylight saving please note it is around the time that we change our clocks so please double check local times. You are not expected to stay the whole time - just drop in when it suits you. John Dada will be joining us around 3 pm Nigerian time (2pm GMT)

      What if too many people turn up? - I don't know how many we can have meeting together at one time. Maybe we will discover the maximum on November 3rd - or maybe there will be plenty of room for all of us. In case we do have too many I will log in to skype and to yahoo as well (although I may stay invisible). Then if someone has trouble getting on the etherpad and tells me via skpe or yahoo I'll know we have too many and I'll suggest some people leave to make room for newcomers - I could set up "an overflow etherpad" as well.

      If for some reason you can't get in please come back again afterwards to sign the visitor's book.

      Hoping to connect with you to celebrate Dadamac Day.

      Pamela