Stronger together - exploring the changing world of work - London - Thursday November 20th

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      I've started a Dadamac meetup group.  So I'm posting this to some of my friends and contacts and also publishing it on the web. Please share it, and if it interests you and you are in London on the evening of Thursday November 20th - please consider coming along to join me.

      The first session
      is called - "Stronger together - exploring the changing world of work."   http://www.meetup.com/Dadamac/events/36175962/

      Dadamac UK, Online and Nigeria is all connected

      This meetup group in London may seem unconnected with what I've been doing in Nigeria and online but in fact it is all deeply connected - because it is all to do with change and collaboration. All of my work has that common thread.

      Collaboration and change - in theory and practice

      None of the projects I have been working on in the past ten years would have been possible before the Internet (by the way - don't just think "paid work"). All of the projects have drawn energy from collaboration. Collaboration and innovative approaches thanks to the internet are at the heart of all I do, and all that I have been LearningByDoing over the past ten years.

      The content has been wide ranging - education, livelihoods, agriculture, health, climate change, political turmoil, food security and much more besides.

      The collaborators that come most immediately to mind have come from West and East Africa, Eastern and Western Europe, North and South America, Australia, India, and the British Isles (with apologies to anyone I've left out). We are a comparatively small group as numbers go (I don't know how many - probably a hundred or two) but from many cultures and many geographical locations, united by the Internet, shared interests and developing levels of trust.

      The ideas I put forward about collaboration and change may be unconventional (and certainly lack traditional academic rigour) but they are based on deep level "fieldwork" of one kind and another, combined with a reflective approach, wide reading and peer-to-peer debate.

      Dadamac Meetups - a new face-to-face opportunity.

      The Dadamac meet-ups will provide a space for exploration of various ideas with a mixed group of people who have enquiring minds and overlapping interests. I'm looking forward to getting to meet people face-to-face, doing some focussed investigations and sharing what we know.

      You are welcome to join the group even if you can't attend the face to face meetings - if there is a demand we might do some online meetings although I haven't planned any yet. It depends on the interests of the members. Please spread the word and help me to launch the Dadamac meetup group on November 20th with" Stronger together - exploring the changing world of work". http://www.meetup.com/Dadamac/events/36175962/.

      Many thanks

      Pamela