From Garisa to Arusha-RVF killed.

  • wamburawilliam
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
      Dear all,Rift Valley Fever has enterd in Arusha,northen of
      Tanzania.The virus was discovered in Garisa Kenya at the end of last
      year.By 12/01/2007 82 people had died of RVF virus and more than 220
      people were inffected and killed hundreds of cattles.In Tanzania the
      RVF virus was discovered in 1979-1980 in MARA,KILIMANJARO and ARUSHA
      rigionals.On 24/01/2007one patient from Terat Arusha Disstric was
      taken to Mount Meru ARUSHA hospital,after three days the report
      showed from doctors said that the first patient was inffected with
      RVF virus.on 31/01/207 another patient was brought to Mount Mru
      Hospitalfrom Makuyuni,Monduli district with the same signs.The
      confirmation of the RVF-virus reported to the Tanzanian ministers of
      Health and social affairs on 01/02/2007 from CDC,in Nairobi Kenya
      where the blood sample were taken for futher examinations.The victim
      of rvf are human beings and animals.To human beings these are signs
      high fever,strong headechbody pain,dizness,nausea,pain within the
      eyes,loss weight and breeding through the body holes.For animals
      sign are:mucus with blood,sudenly death of about 90% and yellowish
      colour in animals' eyes.RVF has this ways of inffection acording to
      our environment:Inffection ways are:Touching the victims'
      blood,Eating meat with RVF virus,by touching fluids of infected
      one's be animals or human.I think the best way to protect this
      disease is by,educatting people on how to change their eating
      habits,to eat more vegetables,fruits,and crops products(MENDENYO CAN
      TAKE PART HERE)animls keeping and caring.
    • Maria Agnese Giraudo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
        Dear William and all,
        this is an important issue, I got this news from Ken Ovino in Nairobi. Then I received detailed information   from Jackton,  researcher living in Mbita, friend of Samwel. It seems that people leaving in countryside, with animals  are more exposed. Mosquitoes are a vector. Of course it's better to avoid to eat  meat. Actually I didn't find information regarding food. I'll search more....
        Bye!
        Maria Agnese

        wamburawilliam <wamburawilliam@...> ha scritto:
[...]

        Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!

      • kayiwa fred
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2007
          what?
          this is realy sounding bad
          ithink all peopele in this area should abadon eating
          meat of any kind untill futher notice
          GOD help people of arusia
          --- Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@...>

          http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/spb/mnpages/dispages/rvf.htm
          > Bye!
          > Maria Agnese
          >
          > wamburawilliam <wamburawilliam@...> ha
          > scritto: Dear all,Rift Valley Fever has
          > enterd in Arusha,northen of
          > Tanzania.The virus was discovered in Garisa Kenya at
          > the end of last
          > year.By 12/01/2007 82 people had died of RVF virus
          > and more than 220
          > people were inffected and killed hundreds of
          > cattles.In Tanzania the
          > RVF virus was discovered in 1979-1980 in
          > MARA,KILIMANJARO and ARUSHA
          > rigionals.On 24/01/2007one patient from Terat Arusha
          > Disstric was
          > taken to Mount Meru ARUSHA hospital,after three days
          > the report
          > showed from doctors said that the first patient was
          > inffected with
          > RVF virus.on 31/01/207 another patient was brought
          > to Mount Mru
          > Hospitalfrom Makuyuni,Monduli district with the same
          > signs.The
          > confirmation of the RVF-virus reported to the
          > Tanzanian ministers of
          > Health and social affairs on 01/02/2007 from CDC,in
          > Nairobi Kenya
          > where the blood sample were taken for futher
          > examinations.The victim
          > of rvf are human beings and animals.To human beings
          > these are signs
          > high fever,strong headechbody
          > pain,dizness,nausea,pain within the
          > eyes,loss weight and breeding through the body
          > holes.For animals
          > sign are:mucus with blood,sudenly death of about 90%
          > and yellowish
          > colour in animals' eyes.RVF has this ways of
          > inffection acording to
          > our environment:Inffection ways are:Touching the
          > victims'
          > blood,Eating meat with RVF virus,by touching fluids
          > of infected
          > one's be animals or human.I think the best way to
          > protect this
          > disease is by,educatting people on how to change
          > their eating
          > habits,to eat more vegetables,fruits,and crops
          > products(MENDENYO CAN
          > TAKE PART HERE)animls keeping and caring.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
        • tom ochuka
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
            Dear Janet,
            Language enables deaf Children to think act and
            understand the world around them,and be part of
            community,withoutlanguage.the deaf cannot do anything
            unless helped to dvelop their minds.
            Children who are deaf cannot be assiusted tothink
            unless firs they are taught the languag in orde to
            communicate.
            The daf impact ove the years is finding them in the
            villages and teach then sighnlanuge,since deafness is
            conected to mental development w encourage orgs that
            surport the deaf to assis us bulid them acentre.
            In this cente they will learn the language easily.
            TOM OCHUKA.

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
              Tom

              I read your posts with interest - but usually I do not respond. I am not
              a funding agency in any way and I feel I have nothing to contribute
              towards your work at present. I do not want to give you any misleading
              encouragement..

              I also know of people with similar interests in Nigeria. I hope that
              when they have better links to the Internet I will at least be able to
              put you in touch with each other for mutual encouragement and sharing of
              good ideas.

              Pam