You are invited to October 6th First Thursday

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2011
      October 6th - You are invited to First Thursday - even if you have never joined us there before.

      Time - main session is a bit later than it used to be -  14.00 GMT 15.00 Nigerian and London time,  17.00 East Africa Time, New York 10.00 for approximately one hour (the main session s the time I plan to be here and will help people to get to know each other and agree topics for discussion.)
      For your local time see The World Clock – Time Zone Converter        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

      Joining in - All you need to do is click on the link for
      First Thursday October 2011    http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/October-First-Thursday - no need for any logging in. The link is open from now on, so you can go and get familiar with the space beforehand. Full instructions are there.

      What happens?
      If you visit  First Thursday September 2011    http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/September-First-Thursday you can see what happened last time.

      By the way - I am still experimenting with etherpads, so I do want to know about any problems that people have. If you do have any difficulty joining First Thursday please send me an email at pamela.mclean@... so we can explore the problem together later.

      I look forward to meeting up with you on October 6th.

      Pamela

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2011
        Dear Friends
        I ahve been so scarce here but i have been so busy with my final sester at University doing my disatation about Effects Of Slums on the Upbringing of Childre.
        Am happy to Inform you that am done with my Bachelors in social work at Bugema University and i will be graduating tomorrow 30th october

        then after i promise to be more active to our networks here
        thanks for all your support and prayers
        Greetings from Uganda
        Fred Kayiwa

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2011
            Hey Fred,

            CONGRATULATIONS, Time goes fast if now you are through with your degree course.

            As discussed earlier today please find the contacts below for possible scholarship opportunities for you and your youth group.

            Zawadi Africa Education Fund

            Uganda Contacts

            Gayatri and Roni Madhvani
            Plot 30, Kampala Rd.
            Greenland Towers, 6th Floor
            P.O. Box 6361
            Kampala, Uganda
            Cell: 256-772-799999
            Landline: 256-41-25939015

            Email: gayatri.madhvani@...
            Website: http://www.zawadiafrica.org/index.html

            Zawadi Africa Education Fund was set up by the daughter of the late Tom Mboya to assist poor, bright and young girls (and now boys) to access quality, innovative and competitive education in secondary schools and colleges in their countries and in the USA.

            Remember the father Tom Mboya had the same program in agreement with former US President J.F Kennedy that saw Late Obama's Father  and the first African woman to win a Noble prize Late Prof. Wangari Mathai get educated in the US.

            The first two and others are in our town Cincinnati Ohio doing their Phd's.

            Wish you success in the next level of your life.

            Regards,

            David N. Mutua
            Founder/CEO
            Center for African learning and Development (CALD)
            Phone: +1 513 237 5911
            Email: davenzainga@..., davenzainga@..., info@...
            Weblog: http://www.thecald.com
            Knowledge is and remains the greatest treasure for any conscious individual and nation with an ambitious vision; it is the ultimate legacy of man's existence on the planet Earth