As Kenya is facing severe food shortage, what do you think?

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2011
      Dear all,
      I had carried my own self driven research on food and sustainability for livelihood and food security.
      I have found that having a mini truck or pick up van can help in ferrying of bananas, groundnuts, onions, beans, peas etc from agriculturally productive areas such as Kisii, Oyugis, Rongo to Rusinga Island to feed the community. A group of women as been doing this at a small scale but the draught is prolonged and worrying here.
      The children are not getting food and this have interfered with their learning and education for two years.
      If someone willing to donate an oven for home bread or a butter peanut processing machine can help. As a matter urgency famine is devastating. The butter peanut or bread can be supplied to the nearest mushrooming centers or fish landing bay centeters.
      If somebody desiring and willling could help Kawala women development community organization to address the devastating food shortage.
      You can channel your dear gritude to help need children disabled, orphans or vulnerable through friends of Rusinga at;
      www.friendsofrusingaisland.org,
      your help in a million way and this will be a blessing, you can donate, contribute, and help, however little as 10$ or 100$ as you desire.
      Get up and donate something for a dieing child, aged person from hunger. Let's join hands for a sustained living, there is severe famine at the 'Horn of Africa' and 10 million people are starving!
      It is pathetic and hard! I am a Dadamac Collaborator in Kenya.
      Your response will be a blessing, keep in touch.
      Samwel.