Re: [learningfromeachother] Zimbabwe; board games; reading

  • Edward Cherlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2011
      Friends, please welcome Peter Hewitt, who creates learning games for
      Sugar, which is Free Software for education in the One Laptop Per
      Child program now being deployed in Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and
      elsewhere in Africa. He and I have been discussing his Mancala game.
      He would benefit from testing by and advice from African users.

      http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4420

      Peter, here is another game for your consideration. You should also
      consider Nine Men's Morris, which is widely popular in Africa under
      various other names, such as Acha in Ghana, and Mlaba-Laba among the
      Zulu in South Africa.