Fwd: "First Thursday"meeting on June 2nd and the "First Thursday Club"

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      You are invited to join me for the next "First Thursday" meeting on on June 2nd - http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/VK1tei6Bws (details also in forwarded email below) . You may remember that we used to hold "First Thursday" in the worknets chatroom, but when it closed we could not find another place that was so easy for everyone to access.

      For a while the only way I could find to run First Thursday meetings was by using Skype, and simply including people who had confirmed before hand that they wanted to attend.

      Now we have a new approach using etherpads, thanks to Gerry Gleason of COTW , on whose server our etherpads are running.

      You can go to the link where the etherpad is at various times:
      • Before the meeting - to see what is on the agenda, to add items to the agenda, to leave a greeting in the chat box
      • During the online meeting - to discuss the agenda with other people (and to chat with them informally before and afterwards)
      • At other times during the rest of the month - to read the archives, and leave a greeting in the chat box. You may even find someone else there at the same time and hold a mini First Thursday follow-up meeting with them.
      I hope you will be able to join us at our new style First Thursdays - either this moth or at some time in the future. I hope the fact that we can go there at any time will make it easier for more people to be included, one way and another. I hope that, over time, people will get to feel very much "at home" at the First Thurday etherpad sessions. I hope people will gradually get a feeling of "belonging" and knowing each other. I hope it will become similar, in an online way, to the face-to-face situation of belonging to a good local community group or club.

      Welcome to the "First Thursday Club"

      Pamela