quick quotes from yesterdays First Thursday meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2011
      Hi Collaborators and all

      (if you are not yet part of collaborators connect but howould like to be then email me pamela.mclean@... - please put "Collaborators Connect" in the title of the email)

      Some quick quotes from yesterdays First Thursday meeting - copied from the main panel of the archive. Thanks to everyone who was there beforehand and/or managed to get to the actual meeting, or sent apologies
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       Making the most of Collaborators Connect
       Who is interested?

      Steve B is interested in this.
       Pamela set it up
      • Ramadhan is making most use of it - here is an early post from him
      Ramadhan: Thanks Steve B for the useful link
      http://www.localfoodsystems.org/blog/2. The Link have so many answers to our hard questions regard our project.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Boukary Konaté Mali wrote - I would like we take into account, the African languages and ICT

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Steve B wrote

      Additional topics for future agendas:
      • Business ecosystems development
      • We have several small businesses starting and expanding in the northeastern area of the U.S. that are taking advantage of the technologies and know-how several readers may be interested in pursuing
      • We are encouraging the development of those enterprises in advanced energy and waste stream management because they contribute the most to the vitality and sustainability of the natural and business ecosystems.
      • Water Management
      • We have water problems throughout the U.S. all along a continuum of too much to too little to too unpredictable.
      • Waste stream Management
      • Common solutions

      More information

      You can see the full archive of the meeting at First Thursday - May -  http://etherpad.openstewardship.net/0w8jG05iwR

      The bits I have quoted come from the main panel - there was also a lot of chat and information in the chat box on the right hand side

      Next meeting

      The etherpad approach seems to be working as a good way to run First Thursdays - I suggest we have our June First Thursday on an etherpad too. More details nearer the time.

      Pamela