Fred: reply on Global Learn Day/Onet conference: Fred and Charles

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2007
      Dear Fred and All,

      Hello and great to hear from you!  I see you have been qualified to attend the Onet conference, but in the "second tier" of funding, which means that--after bursaries have been given to those outside Uganda--you will be considered. I'm not sure of the funding situation re bursaries, so can you make it there under your own resources at all, or what would you estimate you would need?  And Charles, are you interested in attending?  The registration should have taken place by Feb 1st, but perhaps there is still time.

      On your other question, I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to...do you mean you want to be active in Global Learn Day activities, or moreso at Learning (this forum), or Holistic Helping?  Thanks for clarifications, and also, please tell us more abt yourself when you can (Andrius posted on this subject last week, I think, and had some good questions and suggestions for things you might discuss).

      With all best wishes and blessings, Janet

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 3, 2007
        thanks janet and all,
        hi how are u doing all
        ihave qualified to atend the confrence
        and am sure if there is no changes with ma health
        ihave to attend ihave aready got afreiend there to ask
        how the wheather will be
        such that ican equip ma self

        ithink it has been good to me to qualify well iahve
        not met with charles and to be honest idont know him
        but he can reach me on 0782371003
        otherwise iwant to be active with the in Global Learn
        Day activities
        just like he rest as janet, pamela adrius
        and be member t the minciu soda
        about me
        am not having any job to be honest and am schooling in
        the collage
        but a ilove to work much with others
        ihave got some difucluties with ma health as i
        mentioned before
        so am not finicially well
        as working class members
        may be you can guide me on how ican write more about
        me
        but ithink it that way
        thanks

        ---------------------------------

        wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already
        looking forward to
        GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific
        time this past
        October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us
        (Lenny was not
        able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who
        participated in
        2004).

        > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within
        Minciu Sodas), as
        I hope and expect to involve a number of African
        members there in
        2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a
        few voyages, and
        been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the
        African region
        portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a
        focus on ICTs, so
        hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD
        correspondence,
        Andrius!

        > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this
        past year that
        there might be some involvement by MS and related
        members/forums
        from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that
        will transpire in
        2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

        > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in
        sailing spirit,
        Janet

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
      • Benoit Couture
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 4, 2007
          Dear Fred, Janet and all,

          I am so  thrilled and happy to see the connectivity of Africa on the rise, as a result of your exchanges.
          Dear Janet, I thank God for the reality of persons like you on earth.
          Dear Fred our brother,  you are mentioning your health and ashma is the name you were given to describe your condition.

          Dear brother, ashma is very much of a "mind-body? problem.
          You can work with the Lord the Spirit and the herbs which you will receive (soon I pray) to help you to bring your attention and mind power to where you can help yourself from out of breath deprivation and into wistle clear breathing!.
          Drink as much clean water that you can every day, as this exercise was confimed in Russia by a doctor who went in jail and conducted this "much water drinking treatment" with a population that was ashmatic at 90% of the capacity.  One year late, 95% of ashma was eliminared because of the electrical conducting capacity of water.
          The biological work of ashma convinces the mind the it cannot be helped.  Discover how much of a lie this is, and you are on your way to breath nice and easy, and when ashma comes again, you know where to go in mind to stop it from taking you down in the drowning panic feeling.
          May you be blessed dear brother, with finding out the way to the obediance-health zone of our being with God...

          "Dear God, be with Fred and go on guiding him from the clearing of his breath to the freedom path of Africa and of the rest of us all... amen to Your yes in us all...

          ...may all blesiings be with us all...
          Benoit

          ------------ --------- --------- ---

          wrote:

          > Dear All,
          >
          > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already
          looking forward to
          GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific
          time this past
          October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us
          (Lenny was not
          able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who
          participated in
          2004).

          > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within
          Minciu Sodas), as
          I hope and expect to involve a number of African
          members there in
          2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a
          few voyages, and
          been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the
          African region
          portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a
          focus on ICTs, so
          hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD
          correspondence,
          Andrius!

          > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this
          past year that
          there might be some involvement by MS and related
          members/forums
          from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that
          will transpire in
          2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

          > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in
          sailing spirit,
          Janet

          Never miss an email again!
          Yahoo! Toolbar

        • David mutua

            wrote:

            > Dear All,
            >
            > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to
            GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past
            October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not
            able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in
            2004).

            > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as
            I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in
            2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and
            been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region
            portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so
            hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence,
            Andrius!

            > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that
            there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums
            from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in
            2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

            > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit,
            Janet

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

          • kayiwa fred
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 15, 2007
              david mutua hi how are u doing thanks for having
              intrest in meeting new people
              well iwould like also to meet u in the confrence am
              from uganda
              and we can discus much
              hope to see u on monday see u

              Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
            • ms@auste.elnet.lt
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
                Fred, David,
                I´m glad that you are going and will meet!
                Fred, Mark Grimes wrote that he is interested to meet you, too.
                Fred, Please sign up people for our laboratory's groups as we discussed.
                Otherwise I don't have much to add except to look for potential opportunities
                for work or funding, to report on promising projects and approaches,
                especially what can we do for just a little bit of money, say 100 USD.
                Thank you,
                Andrius Kulikauskas

                Data , "kayiwa fred" <fdkayiwa@...> Rašyta:

              • David mutua
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
                  Hi Kayiwa,
                  You are welcome and looking forward to meet you at Gulu, i am sure we will connect somehow, trying to get a celtel line that will enable easier communication while there.

                  David

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 16, 2007
                    thanks adrius
                    ihave seen the message from mark and he wants me to
                    give hime some flyers
                    on satuday or today but iwll take them on sunday as
                    today iwill have some class
                    well ihave to sign the intrested people am sure iwll
                    do that
                    ihave given some flyers to 2 degree students here in
                    the main university and they showed intrest they are
                    yet to repy me
                    ihave prited 100 flyers and if there is needy iwill do
                    more
                    ihave to think about what can be done in 100us dolla
                    but ithink holding some meeting with the intrested
                    members who are coming from uganda will be ok and
                    ihave to explain what we are all about get their inner
                    feeling

                    well adrius am writing afood story and it will need me
                    also to travel to my home area village for more
                    information so expect it after some days from the
                    confrence

                    === message truncated ===

                    Be a PS3 game guru.
                  • samuel kongere
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 18, 2007

                      Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
                      We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
                      Bye!
                      Sam

                      Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                    • David mutua
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 20, 2007
                        Dear sam,
                        Its nice to hear from you, thought that we will meet in Uganda but its ok that you priotised your activities.
                        So far so good, i have met Fred who we had a very helpful discussion on how he would like to be more involved in to community development and how we can help each other/collaborate, he is a very lovely, energetic young man who is determined to make a difference in his life and to the world.
                        I met Issa Isihaka, he is charming and are yet to share, i am sure there is alot we can explore together, he seems nice and ready to share a chunk of his works and knowledge.

                        Sam, after Gulu, (next week) i will be in western and Nyanza provinces in Kenya, i am conducting a feasibility study on National (local) volunteering on behalf of VSO Kenya, i will be glad if we can make arrangements to visit your work, pls give directions from Kisumu, i will be able to drive to were you arrange to meet me. There alot to catfch and to explore, My proposal to COL for a teacher talking training got through the screening stage, i hope to invite Pam some time this year to facilitate the training and it will be good i we link up and explore ways of working together or sharing ideas and experiences.

                        Warm regards,

                        Straight from Gulu,

                        David Mutua

                        samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

                        Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
                        We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
                        Bye!
                        Sam

                        always stay connected to friends.

                      • samuel kongere
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007

                          Dear David,
                          Pleasure to hear from you all in Gulu. I trust we are building momentum and or representation at Gulu is good. I am also happy to meet you when you visit Nyanza. I am stationed in Rusinga Island and mostly you can reach Mbita from Kisumu through Ndori-Lwanda kotieno- board ferry with your vehicle and come safely to Mbita.

                          Another route is Kisumu- Homa-bay- Mbita. It will be fine if you come to my place and discuss further working together. I will be very busy this week, going to meet one of my associates and walking her round the district but this cannot make us avoid you. Plan and update me to meet you and indicate for us that we will be in your activities.

                          Issa is a great fellow and we are going to meet him when we visit Tanzania this coming June. I am really longing to meet Fred, he is very enthusiastic to develop his community, while we both discuss ICT issues. I don't know his interests concerning the community.

                          Anyway David, we are sooning succeeding in our ICT goals and when you come we go heights by combining the efforts.
                          Keep in touch.
                          Sam

                          samuel kongere <samkongere2004@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                          Glad to see most of us are going to Gulu. Fred, David and Issa Isihaka. I wish you all the best and please find many people for our working groups. I was suppose  to come to Gulu but could not do too much at a time, I trust you help Issa, he is from Tanzania and he will be with us and Maria when we visit Tanzania in June.
                          We need to focu on ICT and the like for information handling for us all. You can as well sig more people for our working group, Mendenyo headed by me and focusing on Information and resource centres.
                          Bye!
                          Sam

                          always stay connected to friends.

                          Samwel Okech kongere
                          Nyamuga primary school
                          P.O BOX 191,
                          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
                          Cell: +254 725 600 439
                          FOSS ADMIRER
                          Community Development

                        • samuel kongere
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007
                            Dear Andrius,

                            I have just received the wireless equipment you sent through our school, great to have them. I am putting myself together and make the members know and then test them starting tomorrow. Great, There is too much here and this has greatly motivated our plans. This is going to be the first excellent move to test our ability for the long term project.

                            Last week, i met Sarah Ehrlich the  president and her team  of Help for Orphans international www.helpfororphans.org , which is joining hands with Me, as the information coordinator for kenya, Jacton as our country director, Paul Were as the deputy. We are going to be the co-founders of Help For Orphans International school in Lambwe Valley Suba, District. We need sponsors to help orphans at this school. Sarah and her team are also soliciting for funds to build the school.

                            Currently, this week I will meet Stephanie also from USA coming to stay with me. What can anybody do to these vulnerable children from this settlement Scheme?

                            For any interested well wisher can donate through the organization website or write to helpfororphans@... indicate you are refered by SAMWEL KONGERE information coordinator Kenya.

                             I trust most of this ground plans will make me and others here succeed for more broader goals for wireless information. The school will have a community library, Information centre etc. We are going to train teachers giving them international standards. We need a broader based thinking and after the land is surveyed, legal papers received we shall start putting more structures thro! donations. We are having three classes on site and hoping to finish them and start operation in May the second term.

                            I am going past some reformations and my community must go thro! information.
                            Immessely, I thank you once more for the wireless equipment.
                            Samwel

                            Samwel Okech kongere
                            Nyamuga primary school
                            P.O BOX 191,
                            MBITA  040305-KENYA.
                            Cell: +254 725 600 439
                            FOSS ADMIRER
                            Community Development

                            Be a PS3 game guru.
                          • kayiwa fred
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 21, 2007
                              hello aadrius and all
                              thanks for encouraging me to attend the confrence its
                              indeed lovly and educative ihave learnt much since its
                              my first confrence to attend
                              ihave met with different people but at last icant
                              forget david mutual who is so inteligent in the way he
                              does his things and discusing the important isues
                              well ihave to tell u more about the confrence cos am
                              still telling more about miciu sodas and hope to sign
                              am also trying to write my food story and ihope to
                              post it though it may require me trael to the base and
                              original of the food type and get much information
                              from diffrent elders
                              otherwise check omidyar discusions

                              Never miss an email again!
                            • kayiwa fred
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                                names
                                namesemail addressdeepest value in life questions with no answer
                                1.lubinga isamael luwal2003@...

                                uganda

                                         trustwho/what is the cause of african conflict?

                                2.okello denisddenisokello@... love for every bodyhow to get rid of poverty/
                                 uganda
                                choosen groupsglobal village,social,agriulture,ho

                                listic helping

                                3.eric wanyamahewanjamah@... honest who am i?
                                his group holistic helping
                                4.freida n.aniru[uganda] anirufrisakamuna@...

                                [hope to interact with the ms audience and also to learn more]comment

                                 my relation with GODwhen will the human suffering come to an end, and how can the world be made abetter place?
                                her groupsglobal village,holistichelping,loving GOD,back to the root,unity in salvation
                                5.obala fred[uganda]obalafred@...my life belongs to poor needy communityidentifying practicle solution?
                                6.okot alexacderootalex@...helping the community through volunteeringwho are u working with?
                                7.ouma richard

                                kenya

                                richardouma@...child of GOD,and iwant to live honest and pefect to change my world abetter placewhat is the direction of the world today?

                                how can i be a man of impact in the world?

                                tell me more about minciu sodas and how can i get involved?

                                groups,social agriculture,fitghting peace,leaving by truth,unity insalvation
                                8.Ezra kayia[ug]ezrakayia@...
                                 mendenyo;unity in salvation,the optimal life
                                9.amon mwangi[kenya]amonmwnagi@...
                              • kayiwa fred
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                                  names
                                  namesemail addressdepeest value question that you don't know to answer groups choosen
                                  10.munnumomunnumo@...loving GOD,what languange should be spoken to terrosit?loving GOD.unity in salvation
                                  11.richard kananga,po.box7722,

                                  westlands-kenya

                                  rkananga@...peace,understanding amongets the people in the worldwho am i and what is my role in the world?grobal village.fighting peace
                                  12.joanita nambi[ug]njoanita@...honesty  holistic helping,loving God, living by truth,meanigful inclusion,unity in salvation
                                  13.eric roberts kamunvi[kenya]eryka_rob@...

                                  14.tom obonyo obonyofned@...

                                  www.romero.online.com

                                  GOD LOVES ME AND MY FAMILYwhy re u asking people about the 2q?global, village,holistic helping,leaning from each other,figthing for peace, unity in salvation
                                  15.daniel karuiki[kenya]danielkariukim@...
                                  16 semakula ronaldnamalem@...water is lifehow can water be life?iwant to get conected with miniciu sodas

                                  iwork upon to see that rural comunities in uganda get good water

                                • kayiwa fred
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                                    proposal for
                                    proposal forthe use of 100 dollasat the momentwith ungent need
                                    descriptionunit pricetotalusd
                                    1.internet access 3 days a week for 6hrs in a week 2months it is 48hrs

                                    1500x6x48

                                    1hr x 6hrs in a week x 48 hrs in 2 month

                                     7200041.1
                                    transport fares from and to the

                                    cyber cafe

                                    1700x3x4x2

                                    1700 to and fro

                                    x3times in a week x 4weeks in a month x 2months

                                    4080023.3
                                    printing were necessary3x3x4x2

                                    3 copies every week x 4 weeks x 2 months

                                    1500x3x4x2

                                    3600020.

                                    the needy is that here in my city internet is expensive for me and it is a distance yet i need to be having much time on the line to compare and share i dears with others because i need to be reading all the  writings of other members such that ican also be an active person

                                    and also there is aneed to be comunicating to all members who may want to join our group and we form aunity here in uganda

                                    but it becomes hard for me because iget littlle time on the internet

                                    thats why ineed to be with a computer home and aflsh disk such that when i go to the cyber cafe i use less time only to copy the important message and reply the mails then the rest i go and read from my own computer home since iwill have aready saved it on flash disk

                                    and anice computer here wich is not so expensive cost 500000[285 dollas]

                                    and flash disk is costing 90000[51 us dollas]

                                    so Adrius you  asked me about what we can do in 100 us dollas

                                    and this is what isee actually is urget

                                    because ineed to communicate to new mebers here and isee what they think

                                    and also ineed to write to you my food story wich needs me much time on the internet

                                    though ihave got afriend who has acomputer home but not conected to internet but he assists regulary not always as he uses it to teach the students also

                                    so thats were am going to type my food story also then after samuel assits me with  his flash disk and isave move to towm to cyber cafe and send it

                                    but am sure all things will work here in uganda

                                    be blessed

                                  • David mutua
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 25, 2007
                                      Hi Sam,
                                      Sorry, i had not seen this, it was lost in the bulk of unread mails
                                      I will call to make arrangements for the 27th or 28th will confirm soon.

                                      David

[...]

                                      Looking for earth-friendly autos?

                                    • kayiwa fred
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 27, 2007
                                        ihave sent you the names of the people that signed in
                                        for miniciu sodas i expect you to add them and did u
                                        see the budget for the 100usd

                                        === message truncated ===

                                        http://new.mail.yahoo.com