Re: Andrius: Meet with John Hibbs of Global Learn Day?

  • fdkayiwa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
      --iwould like to be an active member here
      ineed your advise am from uganda- In
      learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to
      GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past
      October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not
      able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in
      2004).

      > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as
      I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in
      2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and
      been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region
      portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so
      hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence,
      Andrius!

      > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that
      there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums
      from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in
      2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

      > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit,
      Janet

      Global Learn Day?

      > >Dear John Hibbs,
      > >
      > >I am wondering, do you live in the San Diego area? If you do,
      then it would
      > >be great to meet this Friday or Monday if you are free.
      > >
      > >I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for
      independent thinkers
      > >around the world. We have quite a few participants who are also
      active in
      > >Global Learn Day, including Janet Feldman, Anthony Diaz, Leonard
      Boniface,
      > >Edward Cherlin and more.
      > >
      > >It would be great to meet and talk how we might work with you
      throughout the
      > >year. We have a very vibrant system of online working groups but
      would like
      > >to make better use of audio and video such as with video bridges
      and
      > >podcasts.
      > >
      > >I share my letter with Pamela McLean's working group on "learning
      from each
      > >other" with special emphasis on ICT for Africa and learning how
      to work
      > >together when one participant has full Internet access and another
      > >participant has marginal Internet access.
      > >
      > >My phone number is +1 (773) 569-9852 and I am staying in Carlsbad
      and I plan
      > >to visit UCSD and can drive to the city.
      > >
      > >Andrius
      > >
      > >Andrius Kulikauskas
      > >Minciu Sodas
      > >http://www.ms.lt
      > >ms@...
      > >

      > >Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC
      DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise
      http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
        Dear JANET,
        This is great what inspires the deaf ismore on
        learning especially with giudance,how is this day as
        celebrated before we wish to have this donein Ahero
        jointly with TOM OKEYO ..and others with the idea of
        community participation in educating the challenged
        like disabled and the street kids etc ..hope this will
        work well sine we had much focus on education in our
        last meeting.
        About my food story..we have several deaf here doing
        well in farming Joseph plants tomatoes and rever
        NYANDO SEEMS QIUTE SURPORTIVE THIS HE DOES TO HELP THE
        MOTHERWHO IS AWIDOW QUITE GREAT HE IS AMEMBER OF THE
        FARMING GROUP IN NYADO IN AHERO.
        If he is given like farm implemnts hecan utilise in 1
        improving production and 2 EDUCATING OTHER DEAF IN
        THIS TO BE PROACTIVE.

        Thanks
        TOM OCHUKA.

        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265