Re: [learningfromeachother] Andrius: Meet with John Hibbs of Global Learn Day?

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 8:56 PM
      Dear All,

      Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in 2004).

      I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in 2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence, Andrius!

      And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in 2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

      With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit, Janet

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2 4:40 AM
        --iwould like to be an active member here
        ineed your advise am from uganda- In
        learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear All,
        >
        > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to
        GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past
        October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not
        able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in
        2004).

        > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as
        I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in
        2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and
        been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region
        portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so
        hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence,
        Andrius!

        > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that
        there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums
        from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in
        2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

        > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit,
        Janet

      • tom ochuka
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5 3:38 AM
          Dear JANET,
          This is great what inspires the deaf ismore on
          learning especially with giudance,how is this day as
          celebrated before we wish to have this donein Ahero
          jointly with TOM OKEYO ..and others with the idea of
          community participation in educating the challenged
          like disabled and the street kids etc ..hope this will
          work well sine we had much focus on education in our
          last meeting.
          About my food story..we have several deaf here doing
          well in farming Joseph plants tomatoes and rever
          NYANDO SEEMS QIUTE SURPORTIVE THIS HE DOES TO HELP THE
          MOTHERWHO IS AWIDOW QUITE GREAT HE IS AMEMBER OF THE
          FARMING GROUP IN NYADO IN AHERO.
          If he is given like farm implemnts hecan utilise in 1
          improving production and 2 EDUCATING OTHER DEAF IN
          THIS TO BE PROACTIVE.

          Thanks
          TOM OCHUKA.

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265