"Learning Community For Global Education Reform", India, Nov 18-20, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2011
      B.K.Passi, I don't imagine that I'll be able to afford to go to India
      this Fall, but I share news of this conference. If I did, then I would
      talk about documenting and sharing "ways of figuring things out" in
      different domains as a learning activity for groups of groups.
      http://www.selflearners.net/ways/
      Thank you, Andrius Kulikauskas, ms@...

      2011.03.03 20:16, B.K.Passi rašė:

      > dear sir Andrius
      > will u like to join the following and guide us
      >
      > 1. *International Conference On Learning Community For Global
      > Education Reform**, *at**the Institute of Professional Studies,
      > Gwalior Madhya Pradesh, India Nov 18-20, 2011 in association
      > with (AIAER) http://www.ipsresearchgwalior.org
      > <http://www.ipsresearchgwalior.org/>*Contact *Mr. N Rohen Meetei
      > rohan.meetei12@...
      > <http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/compose?To=rohan.meetei12%40gmail.com> 09981232436
      > **
      >
      > *B.K.Passi*
      >
      > Unesco Chair [Former]
      >
      > 139 Inderapuri INDORE 452001

      Mutual exchange of innovative thoughts and activities always gives
      qualitative outcomes in any system or process. To achieve our global
      educational growth and development, we must have a strong faith on
      togetherness while putting efforts towards our aim. On these aspects, a
      learning community can play a vital role. A learning community is a
      group of people who share common emotions, values and beliefs, and are
      actively engaged in learning together from each other, and by
      habituation. A learning community supports and inspires the intellectual
      and personal development of all members of the community. It fosters an
      environment that values diversity, differences, and the rights of all
      individuals. It supports and creates new knowledge through research and
      scholarly inquiry on the part of teachers, staff and students, and it
      shares that knowledge with the broader community. A learning community
      is centered on the classroom, but extends throughout the academia and
      into the world around it. In such a community, all activities, roles,
      and responsibilities are related with its members engaged in a common
      enterprise. Community psychologists such as McMillan and Chavis (1986)
      state that there are four key factors that defined a sense of community:
      (1) membership, (2) influence, (3) fulfillment of individual needs and
      (4) shared events and emotional connections. The learning communities
      can offer a lot for educational reform: curricular coherence;
      integrative, high-quality learning; collaborative
      knowledge-construction; and skills and knowledge relevant to living in a
      complex, messy, diverse world. Studies show that enrolment in a learning
      community has a powerful effect on student learning and achievement. The
      learning community approach fundamentally restructures the curriculum,
      and the time and space of students. Many different curricular
      restructuring models are being used, but all the learning community
      models intentionally link together courses or coursework to provide
      greater curricular coherence, more opportunities for active teaming, and
      interaction between students and faculty.
      Objective:

      Objective of the conference is to:

      Critically observe the significance of need to bring democratic change
      in educational system towards more learning outcomes.
      Analyze the possible contribution by creating structured and
      non-structured learning community in comparison with the traditional
      designs.
      Group like an orchestra where individually different people come
      together to form one entity, and not like a group of packed corals that
      is made up of things of the same quality
      Exercise the role of learning community in different
      disciplines-Engineering, Health and Medical Applied Sciences, Management
      Sciences, Education and Movement Education etc.
      Share a global perspective of learning community.

      Activities during the conference
      Special discussion sessions with the experts on the theme.
      Paper presentation by delegates in dialogue method.
      Experts feedback and critical analysis on the basis of presentations
      given by the participating delegates.
      Exchanging skills and thoughts among the participating delegates.
      Performing relevant activities to understand the concept of learning
      community.
      Benefits

      The conference will help the Academicians /Teacher Educators/Research
      Scholars to: -
      Improve sense of self worth, confidence and self esteem leading to
      professional conduct by creating democratic learning environment.
      Reflect and reappraise professional practices and contribution to society.
      Contribute to socio-professional development among the colleagues by
      sharing the experiences.
      Enhance futuristic view on the behavior of democratic learner- centered
      approach.
      Expected outcomes of the conference

      The personal and the professional experience of participating
      researchers will be broadened by providing opportunity to understand the
      urgent need of global educational reform.
      Community will be contributed to by focusing on the initiative of an
      innovative education system.
      Communication and goodwill among researchers and mentors of the
      community will be hence fostered.
      Interaction between the intellectual minds will be promoted, thus
      resulting into a collective contribution towards the development of the
      society.
      The commitment and contribution of researchers performing in different
      learning communities will be hence acknowledged.

      By elevating the role of youth voice, the relationships formed by
      youth/adult partnerships are said to combat ephebiphobia and adultism. A
      broad number of parties benefit from said partnerships, including the
      organizations where the partnerships occur, adults who are involved, and
      youth themselves. Actual benefits range from increased commitment to
      higher feelings of self-efficacy, as well as increased organizational
      effectiveness and civic engagement. Youth/adult partnerships have been
      found to be particularly effective in addressing school improvement,
      promoting Global Health Initiatives, and integrating technology in the
      classroom.
      Additional practice has identified significant roles for youth/adult
      partnerships in rural civic engagement projects and in creating
      effective outreach for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, and
      questioning youth.

      During and after the conference sessions, cultural exchange activities
      and tours to the below mentioned historical monuments will be organized
      Local
      Gwalior Fort
      Jai Vilas Palace
      Tansen's Tomb