Andrius: Meet with John Hibbs of Global Learn Day?

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dear John Hibbs,

      I am wondering, do you live in the San Diego area? If you do, then it would
      be great to meet this Friday or Monday if you are free.

      I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for independent thinkers
      around the world. We have quite a few participants who are also active in
      Global Learn Day, including Janet Feldman, Anthony Diaz, Leonard Boniface,
      Edward Cherlin and more.

      It would be great to meet and talk how we might work with you throughout the
      year. We have a very vibrant system of online working groups but would like
      to make better use of audio and video such as with video bridges and
      podcasts.

      I share my letter with Pamela McLean's working group on "learning from each
      other" with special emphasis on ICT for Africa and learning how to work
      together when one participant has full Internet access and another
      participant has marginal Internet access.

      My phone number is +1 (773) 569-9852 and I am staying in Carlsbad and I plan
      to visit UCSD and can drive to the city.

    • Janet Feldman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        Dear All,

        Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in 2004).

        I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in 2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence, Andrius!

        And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in 2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

        With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit, Janet

        >I am wondering, do you live in the San Diego area? If you do, then it would
        >be great to meet this Friday or Monday if you are free.
        >
        >I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for independent thinkers
        >around the world. We have quite a few participants who are also active in
        >Global Learn Day, including Janet Feldman, Anthony Diaz, Leonard Boniface,
        >Edward Cherlin and more.
        >
        >It would be great to meet and talk how we might work with you throughout the
        >year. We have a very vibrant system of online working groups but would like
        >to make better use of audio and video such as with video bridges and
        >podcasts.
        >
        >I share my letter with Pamela McLean's working group on "learning from each
        >other" with special emphasis on ICT for Africa and learning how to work
        >together when one participant has full Internet access and another
        >participant has marginal Internet access.
        >
        >My phone number is +1 (773) 569-9852 and I am staying in Carlsbad and I plan
        >to visit UCSD and can drive to the city.
        >
        >Andrius
        >
        >Andrius Kulikauskas
        >Minciu Sodas
        >http://www.ms.lt
        >ms@...
        >

        >Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • fdkayiwa
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
          --iwould like to be an active member here
          ineed your advise am from uganda- In
          learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
          wrote:

          > Dear All,
          >
          > Hello and Happiest New Year, Skipper! Already looking forward to
          GLD in October, and Pam, Jeff, and I had a terrific time this past
          October. We hope Lenny and many others will join us (Lenny was not
          able to make it in 2006), including Andrius (who participated in
          2004).

          > I am ccing Holistic Helping (my own forum within Minciu Sodas), as
          I hope and expect to involve a number of African members there in
          2007. I've been organizing the Africa segment for a few voyages, and
          been a "mate" on several earlier journeys in the African region
          portion of the voyage. Holistic Helping also has a focus on ICTs, so
          hope you'll cc us in future in terms of GLD correspondence,
          Andrius!

          > And that you'll meet with John...I had hoped this past year that
          there might be some involvement by MS and related members/forums
          from Europe, too (ie besides Africa), so hope that will transpire in
          2007, as it would truly be "to inspire"!

          > With all best wishes and blessings, and yours in sailing spirit,
          Janet

        • tom ochuka
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
            Dear JANET,
            This is great what inspires the deaf ismore on
            learning especially with giudance,how is this day as
            celebrated before we wish to have this donein Ahero
            jointly with TOM OKEYO ..and others with the idea of
            community participation in educating the challenged
            like disabled and the street kids etc ..hope this will
            work well sine we had much focus on education in our
            last meeting.
            About my food story..we have several deaf here doing
            well in farming Joseph plants tomatoes and rever
            NYANDO SEEMS QIUTE SURPORTIVE THIS HE DOES TO HELP THE
            MOTHERWHO IS AWIDOW QUITE GREAT HE IS AMEMBER OF THE
            FARMING GROUP IN NYADO IN AHERO.
            If he is given like farm implemnts hecan utilise in 1
            improving production and 2 EDUCATING OTHER DEAF IN
            THIS TO BE PROACTIVE.

            Thanks
            TOM OCHUKA.

            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265