Following the sad news of the untimely death of Maria Agnese Giraudo

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2011
      The sad news of Maria's untimely death circulated through Minciu Sodas on Wednesday, attracting many shocked and sorrowful responses, and testimonies about her life and her work.

      Many of us first heard the news from Janet Feldman - leader of the Minciu Sodas group Holistic Helping - who wrote:
      Dear Friends,

      It is with a very heavy heart that I am posting the news--just received from Chris Ouma--of the sudden passing of our beloved friend, Maria Agnese Giraudo.

      More details will follow, but I wanted to send this to everyone now. I hope we can find a way to honor her and keep her memory and legacy alive. She meant so much to many of us, and was a rare spirit of caring and commitment in today's world.

      May her soul rest in peace, and may we remember her with love and joy always! Janet
      Maria Agnese Giraudo Memorial

      As a first step I have opened up a space at Dadamac.net called Maria Agnese Giraudo Memorial, where we can gather our tributes together, and see if there is any way we can collaborate in response to Janet's hope expressed above. If you are interested in being involved (perhaps simply by helping me to collect up in one place the testimonies that have been posted in various Minciu Sodas groups) please email me pamela.mclean@... - with Maria Agnese Giraudo Memorial in the subject line of your email -  and we will look at next steps together.

      Maria's funeral will take place on Friday 25, at 15:00 and another ceremony will be organised later - see email below from Samwel Kongere (leader of Minciu Sodas group Mendenyo)

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2011
        Dear All
         AM already in roma to attend maria Funeral  . happy will all communication en up date
        to all Members
        Ciao
        chrise
        .

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2011
          Thanks
          Chris for representing us there, Peace
          Samwel

          Social Community Network/Information Coordinator,
          Suba/Mbita-Kenya
          'Aliving hope is desire' When it is socially lived!

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2011

            Dear Pam and All,

            Immense and heartfelt thanks for this lovely response and tribute, and to everyone who has written on this subject. I am so sad that my Internet connection has been down, not enabling me to share more and respond sooner, or even know abt her funeral.

            But we are all together--and with her--in spirit, and in that way, there is an ever-present connection that can never be broken.

            I will be back as soon as I can be to respond to emails and also add to the testimonies. It will be wonderful if we can collaborate in some way to carry on Maria Agnese's invaluable work!!

            With greatest appreciation, and love to all! Janet

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
              Dear Pam and All,
              Please add this to the tribute page you have opened at Dadamac.net.

              The family and friends of Maria will be meeting for Maria's memorial on Saturday 26th March 2011  to disperse the ashes at the sea and do a mass at St. Pius V (in Rome).
              At 16.30 there will be a commemoration ceremony.
              Please share this and spread it to those who would be interested to attend the occassion.

              I will be attending the ocassion together with  Nafsi Africa Acrobats who are currently touring Europe between February to September.
              Nafsi Africa Acrobats who had been close acquaintances of Maria will be perfoming at the ceremony in honour of their Heroine, Teacher, and Mama.
              This is a first step to salute and show respect to the late Maria, who loved Perfomance Arts and supported it with her entire heart.
              We are thinking of more tangible ways that we would initiate to keep her in our memories and keep her legacy alive.
              Perhaps start an Arts event in Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda that would be bringing together her admirers, her dear friends in East Africa and probably beyond to remember her.

              For sure, there would be more ways to honour her.
              We are interested in brainstorm with others who are interested in setting up an initiative of some sort, Maria's memorial, Maria foundation or something.

              Peace,

              Ken Owino
              Nafsi Africa Acrobats
              www.nafsiafrica.org

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
                Kennedy,

                I think that's wonderful. It's a great example of "cross-cultural
                collaboration" as Pamela wrote. Agnese truly loved Nafsi Africa Acrobats.

                Andrius

                Andrius Kulikauskas, http://www.selflearners.net, ms@..., (773) 306-3807