Condolences

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2011
      Hi All,

      I am deeply shocked, saddened and hard at believing that Maria Agnese Giraudo has suddenly died.
      Death is cruel and ruthless! it has robbed me off a Friend, a Teacher, a Mother and a Mentor.
      Maria's life has been cut short so ubruptly and at such an untimely moment.
      Reflecting the last moments and coversations i had with her, i can not hold back the deep remorse cutting through my heart.

      In my last conversation with her, she said she was preparing her house to accomodate Nafsi Africa Acrobats next Month.
      Least did i know that she was preparing a space that we could borrow examples and learn from.
      She made her house big enough to host all the acrobats and many more but stretched her heart beyond unbelievable limits to embrace a multitude.. the World.
      She gave up her comfort zones for the sake of the less fortunate, and spent her money to the less penny to support charity and deserving causes.
      Maria, empowered me both in the virtual world and in the real world.
      She visited and shared with my family in Rusinga, Nairobi and Denmark.
      The door to her house in Santa Marinella was always open to me, my friends, family and my group of acrobats at any given moment we chose to knock.
      The last moment i saw her ,was a couple of Months ago when she visited me and my wife in Denmark.
      With a radiant, gallant and brave smile she kept on sharing about her crusades, championing for people to stand up against the dictatorial and oppressive Governments and systems in Europe and Africa.
      She kept on saying a "revolution is necessary, Aluta be ignited where it doesn't exist and Aluta continua where the fight is up"
      She sweared to petition more, protest more and just fight, keep fighting for righteous and truth, fight to make the world a better place.
      It is sad she is dying when the values (liberty, freedom and democracy) she stood up for were starting to be a revelation in Africa, and Arab countries.
      Maria stood up and fought for the depressed, oppressed , less fortunate, immigrant communities, Africans in Diaspora, the poor, women, mothers, Youths, children e.t.c
      I constantly asked her about her family and all she said was "The people i see surrounding her are her family".
      The world has lost an important figure who has left great deeds as a living monument to be learnt from.
      May her investigatory question and those great deeds be models her family and friends could learn from and particularly emulate and keep alive!

      Condolences!

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2011
        Dear Friends,
        I sympathyse with you all, Maria's family and friends at this time of mourning. She always expressed her opinions open and said it as it is. My respect to her always delt on that. Lets ask ourselves what legacy are we going to leave behind. Maria, those that you touched will remember you forever.

        God bless her soul. R.I.P Maria.

        David N. Mutua
        Programme Director
        Centre for African Learning and Development (CALD) - Kenya
        Returned VSO Volunteer.
        Independent ICT4D and Education Researcher and Practitioner.
        Tel: +254 720 462 559
        E-mail: davenzainga@... or davenzainga@...