Skateboarder physicist Dr.Tae and distributed teaching

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2011
      Hi Bill, Pamela and all, I share a letter that I wrote to Dr.Tae in
      Chicago, the skateboarder physicist. Andrius
      --------------------------------------

      Dear Dr.Tae,

      I was excited to read about you in the Reader, then hear of you from
      Maggie Meiners, and then find you on the web and Twitter @drtae I very
      much agree with your video "Building A New Culture of Teaching and
      Learning" at http://drtae.org

      I have a Ph.D. in math, B.A. in Physics and I live on the South Side of
      Chicago. I would love to find ways to work together.

      My main passion is to document and share the ways of "figuring things
      out". I've collected more than 200 ways:
      http://www.selflearners.net/ways/ I've written a brief proposal to
      collect such ways in various fields such as science, engineering, math,
      medicine, finance, law, politics, agriculture, etc. The "scientific
      method" itself is used very differently in astronomy, geology, quantum
      physics, genetics, evolution, cognitive science, etc. and it would be
      great to bring out those differences.

      I've also been working part-time as a tutor. I've been writing notes
      for a concise math book for adult self-learners that would lay out all
      the deep ideas that I've noted in basic math. Here are my notes:
      http://www.gospelmath.com/Math/DeepIdeas

      Here are some prospects I'm engaging:
      http://www.selflearners.net/Business/Prospects

      I share your vision of distributed teaching. I hope we might talk and
      think how we might help each other make that happen. I invite you to
      read more about me at http://www.selflearners.net

      I share with my working group Living by Truth
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livingbytruth/

      Andrius

      +1 (773) 306-3807
      ms@...