Video relevant to Pyramid of Peace

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2010
    Hi Andrius

    Ref - [livingbytruth] Che Smith (Rhymefest) offers hope for Chicago's 20th ward "Here's a flyer that I made about engaging the violent by "looking at everything from their point of view":http://www.helproom.org/upload/helproom1.jpg .

    I've been looking at the flyer in some detail and was interested in the areas it covers - so I thought I'd let you know that, and at the same time take the opportunity for a "smile and a wave", and to mention a short film (available on DVD)  that I saw last night relevant to Pyramid of Peace..

    We are not in contact so much now, but I still tell people about the value of Minciu Sodas and all you achieved there (often in posts I have put on my posterous http://dadamac.posterous.com ).  I don't give the same amount of time to lists any more, but now and again I try to dip in to what see what you are writing.

    Ref - engaging the violent, and Kenyan post-election violence, an event I went to last night may be of interests anyone connected with Pyramid of Peace. The information below is from the letter of invitation I received

    Pamela
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear BAEF Members,

    I hope that this email finds you well.

    Please find attached details of an upcoming screening of a Kenyan documentary film An African Answer. Date: Friday 12th of November at Friends House in Euston from 6.30 pm. The Kenyan High Commission has been invited to the event. Please see additional info on the attached the flyer plus some supporting info below ...

    An African Answer is filmed in Kenya and is about grassroots peace initiatives work that followed on from the political agreement in the post elections violence. It captures the peace work of two internationally renowned religious leaders from Nigeria, Pastor James Wuye and Imam Mohammed Ashafa, and depicts a dramatic bid by them to bring healing and reconciliation in Uasin Gishu district following the post-election violence.

    An African Answer, which has been endorsed by Kofi Annan, had its world premiere in Nairobi in May this year in the same hotel in which Kofi Annan brokered the National Peace Accord. The Chief Guest was PS Francis Kimemia, Permanent Secretary for Internal Security, who said ‘There are no permanent angels or permanent devils in any community. Peace needs to be deepened.This film is a resource of best practice…. It reflects the indomitable spirit of the Kenyan people.’

    An African Answer is produced by For the Love of Tomorrow Films (FLTfilms), the film-making division of UK charity Initiatives of Change. It follows an earlier, award-winning film about the two men, The Imam and the Pastor, shot in Nigeria and narrated by Rageh Omaar. This depicted the astonishing reconciliation between the former enemies, showing that it is possible for perpetrators of inter-religious violence to become instigators of peace.

    A photo gallery of an African Answer is available at the Initiatives of Change website: http://www.uk.iofc.org/an-african-answer

    DVD: an African Answer is available on DVD from FLTfilms at £15.99 (free p&p)

    Tel – 020 7798 6020   http://www.fltfilms.org.uk

    An African Answer (38m)

    Narrator -- Kathleen Openda-Mvati

    Camera – Robinson Malemo & Tony Biwott

    Producer – Imad Karam

    Director – Alan Channer

    I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you again. Feel free to invite others, there is a 500 sitting capacity at Friends House.

    Thanks and best wishes,

    Wanjiku

    Wanjiku Kibunja-Croy
    Consultant