Rural Nigeria - ambitiously marking UN sickle cell awareness day

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2010
      This is fantastic "as it happens" news from Fantsuam about the Global Sickle Cell Centenary Celebration. http://cicelyinnigeria.blogspot.com

      Cicely(who is at Fantsuam with VSO - Voluntary Service Overseas) just posted it to me (see her email below)

      Pam

      Did you know that 19 June (tomorrow) is Global Sickle Cell Centenary Celebration?  No, neither did I and neither, till today, did Kaduna State.

      However Fantsuam Foundation has changed that.

      I'm really proud to be part of this organisation that sees a need, respond to it, motivates people and makes something big happen.

      Read on!