Dusan Bicanski: Public Domain Image

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2010
      Dusan,

      Congratulations on setting up http://www.public-domain-image.com for
      sharing images in the Public Domain! I think yours is a key initiative
      for developing a culture of sharing, of working openly, of learning to
      be family, of fostering independent thinkers. I look forward to
      participating! and to promoting your work and website.

      I alert COMMUNIA, the European Union's thematic network for the Public
      Domain http://www.communia-project.eu I'm wondering if it would be
      useful for you to attend their last meeting at the end of June, in
      Torino, Italy? It might be possible for me to provide for your travel
      costs there or to a COMMUNIA working group meeting later this year. In
      any event, I look forward to working together.

      I'm also wondering, what is the simplest way to share photos and
      captions, from around the world, so that they enter your Public Domain
      archive at the same time. Pamela McLean, Ricardo and their African
      colleagues have shown how this is an effective way to communicate by
      combining an image with even a few words, rather than writing
      complicated texts. It might be possible to have distributed locations on
      the web for adding photos to your archive. In the meanwhile, I look
      forward to trying out your site.

      +370 699 30003

      On 05/18/2010 11:16 PM, Dušan Bičanski wrote:
      > Promote and share your creative work for free on largest public domain
      > site.
      >
      > *Pubic Domain Images* <http://www.public-domain-image.com>
      > (www.public-domain-image.com <http://www.public-domain-image.com>),
      > the largest archive of top quality, high resolution (up to 20 mega
      > pixels) public domain images.
      > All pictures on this site are explicitly placed in the public domain,
      > free for any personal or commercial use.
      >
      > On *Pubic Domain Images* <http://www.public-domain-image.com> you can:
      >
      > *Promote your digital work, web site, portfolio.*
      > No matter if you are professional or amateur photographer you can put
      > lots of informations under every image: your name, web site address,
      > links to your portfolio (places where you sell your digital images),
      > image name, description, keywords, custom notes and more.
      >
      > *Earn money from donations.*
      > You will be able to make money from donations for every image you upload.
      >
      > *Fast and easy upload of your images via browser or FTP program.*
      > Fast and easy multiple upload of your images via your favorite browser.
      > For even faster upload you can upload via FTP program (you will get
      > full access to upload folder with all instruction you will need).
      >
      > *Upload, share, promote your images.*
      > Share your images with your friends, family and other users and
      > visitors of site. Make your work famous.
      >
      > *It is free.*
      > 100 % free
      >

      > I would like to see your work there and to promote it, of course for
      > free. Anyone will be able to upload images, put author name, site
      > address, links to portfolio, image name, description, keywords, custom
      > notes, e-mail for PayPal donation (on page with image is donation
      > button, and all donations trough that button goes directly to author
      > who uploaded image).
      >
      > *Pubic Domain Images* <http://www.public-domain-image.com> will host
      > and promote all your work for free.
      >
      > ing. Dusan Bicanski
      >
      > Each letter sent to livingbytruth@yahoogroups.com
      > enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN whenever it does not state otherwise.
      > http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/letter/
      > Please credit our authors!

      Hi Andrius.

      I see you :) on Public Domain Images gallery, please explore it and tell
      me what do you like, dislike about gallery...

      Regards,
      ing. Dusan Bicanski