Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: ml4d workshop in Nairobi: May 24th

  • Dan Otedo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2010
      Hello  Pamela  and all,

      This is GREAT news.

      I will  not be going to Zambia  for the e-learning conference ,so i will attend .I have just hosted a sucessful Regional  Education Conference on Elearning in Kenya ,so ,this opportunity is God send for me  and people we have been working  closely with on e learning in Kenya to have a feel of what we missed most at the conference http://www.icwe.co.ke/elearn2010/e-learnKenya.html

      Now  there is a quiet affordable enviroment in Nairobi just behind  the Kenya Institute of education where my offices are :The Nairobi Gymkhana Club.Has great indian food,good security not far from town.

      Am not sure i have seen Niall winters mail add here .But one Question,Who is hosting the workshop in Kenya? two ,How Can i and my friends  and contacts register

      Dan OTEDO

      Kenya ICT Trust Fund. P.O box 8475-00100 Nairobi.

      Tel: +254203745911 .Mobile:+254720366094

      Email: dotedo@...

      http:/com/profile/DanAndrewOtedo /twbcanada.ning.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        Hi Yishay

        To get some idea of role played by phones in Pyramid of Peace please see brief introduction at phone4peace http://phone4peace.blogspot.com/

        You can read full story of PoP - Pyramid of Peace here http://www.pyramidofpeace.net/

        Sometime if we're talking I'll show you who Ken is on the PoP video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGTiRlR5Ak

        Pamela

        On 5 May 2010 16:29, Yishay Mor <yishaym@...> wrote:
        (Pam - feel free to forward this where you see fit.)

        Ken,

        I'm truely sorry you can't make it. I'm not sure about the video conferencing capacity at the iHub, and also - the participatory nature of the event will make it quite challenging for remote attendance. We are planning a similar event later this summer in London. Unfortunatly, we will have to charge for that one.

        Alternatively, if you can find a host, we could try to arrange another workshop together.

        The mLearning project you describe sounds very interesting - perhaps you could invite the people involved to submit a design narrative to our collection, so that we can refer to it in our workshops? As for pyramid of peace - did you use mobile technology there? Would you be willing to share your experience?

        ___________________________
         Yishay Mor, London Knowledge Lab
          http://www.lkl.ac.uk/people/mor.html
          http://www.yishaymor.org

        www.nafsiafrica.org

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[...]

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Some questions I asked
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2010

          Hi Yishay,

          Thanks for your response, and your farther profound ideas on other options that may be available for me to benefit from your workshops.

          It would be great if you could get a host for a similar workshop here in Denmark.

          I discussed the idea with my teacher Elise (c.c'd) who is in direct contact with the organization responsible for the mlearning project.

          The Organisation is called vifin and the project's theme is to help foreiners in intergration.

          Elise would share more or probably link you up with the people involved for sharing possibilities of the different approaches and ideas.

          I hope more positive strides would be made from such connections.

          Best Regards,

          Ken Owino

          Nafsi Africa Acrobats

          www.nafsiafrica.org