Re: [learningfromeachother] First Thursday continuation session - April 29th/lost my brother

  • Benoit Couture
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2010
      Dear Tom,

      Thank you for sharing with us.  I am thankful to read about all the people who are with you for the funerals.
      May you and love ones go on honouring his menory with your lives and care for one another...

      Peace of God be with you,
      Benoit

      Date:Thursday April 1st.
      Time: I have put the local start times below for the places that "First Thursday people" are most likely to log in from.
      08.00 EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
      12.00 UTC - Coordinated Universal Time
      13.00 WAT - West African Time
      13.00 BST - British Summer Time
      14.00 CEST – Central European Summer Time
      15.00 EAT - East African Time
      15.00 EEST - East European Summer Time
      17.30 IST - Delhi for Vijay
      20.00 MYT - Kuala Lumpur for Dary
      Logging on - log on at http://www.worknets .org/chat/ base/ If you are new then this additional information on using the chatroom may be helpful.
      Come earlier or later for informal chat

      The main session lasts about an hour. You are welcome to turn up earlier to meet and greet other early arrivals and to stay on later to continue chatting. During the main session we are aiming for a more focussed discussion - not quite as formal as a meeting with an agenda - but heading in that direction.

      First Thursday in May

      The First Thursday in May will be May 6th (general election day in UK!).
      If you have a preferred topic please let me know beforehand. I plan to select one topic at the start (depending who arrives first) and focus on that topic for the first part of the session. About half way through we will agree the topic for the rest of the session (something different or continuing the same). Topics that have not been discussed, or that people want to continue discussing can be carried forward. Either they can go on the suggestions list for June First Thursday, or we can repeat what we did in April and have some extra Thursday sessions in May. (In April we agreed two sessions where the topic was twitter, and one for the sawdust/biomass stove).

      Meeting structure (for "First Thursdays" and "Topic Thursdays")

      We try to start the session on time, but the chatroom is open earlier if you want to meet and greet any friends there beforehand.

      There is also the possibility of continuing the core discussion after the main one-hour session... but informally because the chairman probably needs to leave soon after the hour is up.

      Once the main session ends it is a good opportunity for everyone to chat informally before leaving the chat room.

      I look forward to meeting you in the chat room.

      Pamela