Evoke game - about solving urgent social problems

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2010
      This might be interesting - I haven't read all the details. I just see that it says " social network game is to help empower young ... especially young people in Africa, to come up with creative solutions to our most urgent social problems."

      I also saw that you can play from a moblie phone. There are challenges, and a new one is set at midnight each Wednesday. You can join in any time, so it does not matter that it started in March.

      If any one does have a go, do let us know what you think of it.

      Pam
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

      About the EVOKE game
      Posted by Alchemy on 27 Jan under Behind the scenes

      EVOKE is a ten-week crash course in changing the world.

      It is free to play and open to anyone, anywhere.

      The goal of the social network game is to help empower young people all over the world, and especially young people in Africa, to come up with creative solutions to our most urgent social problems.

      The game begins on March 3, 2010. Players can join the game at any time.

      On May 12th, 2010 the first season of the game will end, and successful participants will form the first graduating class of the EVOKE network.

      Players who successfully complete 10 game challenges will be able to claim their honors: Certified EVOKE Social Innovator – Class of 2010.

      Top players will also earn online mentorships with experienced social innovators and business leaders from around the world, seed funding for new ventures, and travelscholarships to share their vision for the future at the EVOKE Summit in Washington DC. (Learnmore about these rewards.)

      EVOKE was developed by the World Bank Institute, the learning and knowledge arm of the World Bank Group, and directed by alternate reality game master Jane McGonigal.

      EVOKE is for all ages; recommended age 13 and up.

      LEARN HOW TO PLAY:
      Learn the five secrets of the EVOKE Network.
      Plus: Findout how to play the game from a mobile phone.

      Link to how to join in from your phone
      http://blog.urgentevoke.net/2010/02/19/mobile-evoke-how-to-play-whenever-wherever/