Re: [learnhowtolearn] Farming-food processing social enterprise

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24 3:55 PM
      Excellent Wael.

      I am glad you will be able to make it for march 4th First Thursday at 12.00 GMT and look forward to meeting you again in the chat room http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/home.php?arsc_language=english.

      I realise I have not yet done my usual thanks to Andrius for making the chat room available. It is a wonderful resource. Thank you Andrius.

      Today at the UK-Nigeria team meeting we discussed how things are going with the Jatropha.  It was agreed that someone from Nigeria will come to the chat room to share news about it. Marcus gave permaculture training in Nigeria (after he and some of the team in Nigeria had visited Songhai in Benin) so of course he will be very interested to know how things are going.

      If you have particular interests let me know beforehand and we can decide if there should be some kind of agenda. Otherwise we will simply get people to introduce themselves and we will have a general chat about permaculture things (not only the kitchen garden and jatropha). We can use the chat to gradually discover what shared interests and experiences the various people have. Then people can follow up individually afterwards as they choose.

      Pamela

      On 24 February 2010 13:59, Wael Al Saad <globalpalestine@...> wrote:

      Hi Pam, Maria and all,

      i am also very much interested in appropriate food production as core activity of open grassroots enterprise. looking forward to join the chat where we raise this topic in compination with permaculture ..

      looking forward
      wael

      On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Pamela McLean <pam54321@...> wrote:

      Hi Maria

      If you join us in the March First Thursday chat and raise this topic I will tell you what I know about what has been tried by the team in Nigeria. If you know before hand that you will definitely be at the chat then let me know that before Wednesday next week. I can then mention your interest during our Wednesday Dadamac UK-Nigeria meeting. I can try to get updates during the meeting, and I will also ask if anyone connected with juice making/food processing can join us at the First Thursday meeting to chat directly with you. It would be learning together, you understand, based on recent "having a go" - exploring realities together, exchanging experiences - not a long- established food-processing  expert with all the answers.

      Pam

      On 23 February 2010 16:25, Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@...> wrote:

      Dear Pam,
      I thank for your email. I  looked at Dadamac site with interest for what is going on in Permaculture and other projects... You are working a lot and growing very fast!
      Of course I would like to stay in touch and communicate! What I'm fed up is general talking, let us take part at specific chatting focused on food processing!
      All the best!
      Maria Agnese