Re: [globalvillages] Re: My Video Story proposal to collect stories, activities, patterns

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010
      Good point. I confess I wasn't thinking about that. I was just thinking that knowledge of non-video examples (lower tech, lower cost, lower entry point) might give a wider vision for how video might be used when it also got to be lower cost, lower entry point. May be not relevant to what you are currently looking at.
      Pam

      On 15 February 2010 17:46, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
      Yes, Pam, you are right, but its a business proposal.  Franz will help
      me link with video businesses.  Who do you imagine might fund the
      non-video examples?  Andrius

      Pamela McLean wrote:

> [...]
      >     German. I
      >     > will share our text, audio and video interviews. I will show how
      >     different
      >     > "recurring activities" interact. I will show how their
      >     solutions, their
      >     > patterns are related and form a skill set or "pattern language" for
      >     > organizing video bridges. This skill set is useful for video bridge
      >     > facilitators.
      >     >
      >     > I can work more on this if I can find funders, especially
      >     businesses that
      >     > might benefit. I could focus for them on stories and patterns
      >     related to
      >     > their strategic interests. For example, where is Video Skype not
      >     enough to
      >     > do what people really want to do? For which activities is fast
      >     broadband
      >     > especially desirable?
      >     >
      >     > I have led a global team for similar projects, most notably, My
      >     Food Story
      >     > http://www.myfoodstory.info for Greg Wolff of Unamesa Association to
      >     > collect 2,000 food stories around the world to illustrate the
      >     world's food
      >     > supply chain. Our original content is in the Public Domain so
      >     that all may
      >     > use it for other projects according to their own best judgement.
      >     We also
      >     > make "fair use" of short excerpts from websites. We are working
      >     on My Video
      >     > Story at DorfWiki.
      >     > http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?VideoBridge/MyVideoStory
      >     >
      >     > I work at a rate of 1,500 EUR per month full time. My team collects
      >     > stories at a rate of 1 EUR per story. We can translate our work from
      >     > English into German at a rate of 250 to 500 EUR per month. We
      >     include and
      >     > support people who care about video bridging. As we work, we
      >     attract and
      >     > energize this community. Also, I can write reports and consult
      >     as part of
      >     > my work.
      >     >
      >     > I look forward to your thoughts how with your help we might do
      >     this work!
      >     > I am staying with Franz Nahrada in Vienna, Austria until the end of
      >     > February.
      >     >
      >     > Thank you,
      >     >
      >     > Andrius
      >     >
      >     > Andrius Kulikauskas
      >     > Minciu Sodas
      >     > http://www.ms.lt
      >     > ms@... <mailto:ms%40ms.lt>
      >     > +43 681 204 26971
      >     > in Vienna, Austria
      >     >
      >     > Videobridgebuilders mailing list
      >     > Videobridgebuilders@...
      >     <mailto:Videobridgebuilders%40globalvillages.org>

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         globalvillages-digest@yahoogroups.com
         globalvillages-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010
        Pamela, Your question was indeed helpful because it shows the blind spots in such research because it is commercially driven.

        Ben, Thank you for your idea. Franz Nahrada forwarded it to me. I don't have any contacts in such companies but I will have that in mind if I do in the future.

        Ben de Vries remarked. Anyone with a large amount of inbound phone traffic- telecoms, utilities,
        anywhere people pay bills by phone.
        ATT needs help because their phone que
        is AWFUL- ALWAYS.