First Thursday Feb 4th - sustainable villages, the workshop, etc

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      Thursday February 4th is the First Thursday of the month.  So here's my usual invitation to join me in the worknets chat room, and my usual thanks to Andrius Kulikauskas, director of Minciu Sodas for making it possible. All being well I will be around for an hour starting - 13.00 Nigerian time, 15,00 Kenyan time, 12.00 GMT.

      First Thursdays are informal gatherings of a handful of people who drop into the chatroom to catch up with each other, and chat about whatever is on their minds at the time. Newcomers are invited too, and are welcomed. To enter the chat room go to  http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/. The chat may go on for longer than an hour, depending on who turns up. (Even if no-one turns up I keep checking the chat room for an hour - but I don't sit staring at the screen  -  so in the unlikely event you arrive and don't get an immediate welcome, please be patient.)

      For myself, I am hoping that there will be some chat about issues related to permaculture and sustainable communities. I will therefore email a couple of people interested in permaculture, but new to the chat room, to see if they might like to join in (as well as reminding people who often turn up). We might also discuss the Video Bridge Workshop that Andrius and I attended last week. His feedback is on video here. Others from Minciu Sodas also attended the workshop, in person and via the Internet.

      I have written a longer introduction to First Thursdays for newcomers at  http://www.dadamac.net/blog/20100202/first-thursday-sustainable-villages-workshop-etc