First Thursday January 7th - join us online

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      Invitation to join us online

      Seasons greetings and best wishes to everyone for 2010

      Next Thursday - January 7th  is First Thursday of the month again.  So it's time for my regular invitation to you to join me in the chat room, and my usual thanks to Andrius for making it possible.  All being well I will be around for an hour as usual starting - 13.00 Nigerian time, 15,00 Kenyan time, 12.00 GMT.

      It will be a chance to catch up with anyone who feels like dropping by and to look forward together to our hopes for 2010. My personal aganda for the meeting is to see how Minciu Sodas and Dadamac can work together more in 2010, and to see who has interests related to permaculture and sustainable communities. I am interested in those things for several reasons:
      >  At Dadamac we are interested in sustainable communities, mainly, but not only, through Attachab Eco-village http://www.dadamac.net/projects/attachab
      >  In 2008 we looked at the WWP (World Without Poverty) book and its emphasis on doing things locally - even if it was just two or three people together.
      >  At First Thursdays we have already discussed various ideas related to local development - like fishfarming and bee-keeping - so local development seems something worth bearing in mind when we meet together, as it is also a  natural overlap point for Minciu Sodas and Dadamac.
      > Marcus Simmons (Dadamac's technology transfer "guru") has just come back from a trip to Africa (Benin and Nigeria) where his focus was on permaculture, so those kind of topics are in my mind now
      > I know that I live in a community which defininitely is not sustainable, so I am increasingly concerned about the issues around sustainability  on a personal, local level.

      If other people prefer to discuss other topics, then obviously that will be very welcome. However, I thought I would let you know my interests in advance in the hope they may also be of interest to you.

      To enter the chat room go to  http://www.worknets .org/chat/ base/

      Any problems or uncertainties about using the chat room please let me know. Obviously the people who do arrive know how to get there - but there may be other people who need more help to find their way in.  If there are ever any difficulties getting into the chatroom please let me know. Either email me directly or write to me  via LearningFromEachOtherso so we can sort out your problems ready for next time (or maybe immediately). We do not want anyone to be left outside the chatroom trying to get in - and it can be a bit confusing the first time.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        Pamela, I look forward to chatting with you and I spread the word!
        Andrius, ms@..., +370 699 30003.