The Africa we dont know

  • Benoit Couture
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2009
      Salut everyone,

      As I was driving to pick up our son, our national radio of the CBC was playing an interview with a Canadian journalist who has 30 years experience in Africa.  She wrote a book called: "Dust from the eyes."

      To hear the interview, go to:

      Once there, scroll down the page to "The Africa we dont know".  There, you will see 2 podcasts markers.

      The first podcast is a short reading that puts some of the African history of wealth in context.

      The second is an interview of Joan Baxter, the journalist, which offers a view of the corruption that keeps Africa from its own wealth.

      These 2 podcasts give us an idea of the odds we are up against and it raises the question for Minciu Sodas and all who work to collaborate to end povety in Africa and so forth:

      "How do come together in such a way as to overcome the veil of such ruling deceit and replace its corruption that gets uncovered and exposed in such interviews of first hand experience, with the sanctity of the caring power?"

      ...may all blessings be with us all...
      Benoit