Re: Open Kollab's Pooled Fund Initiative & Minciu Sodas's Economy of Dreams

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2009
      Thank you to Suresh Fernando, Steve Bosserman, David Pinto and all for
      encouraging me and all to participate at Open Kollab. I share responses
      from Pamela McLean and Franz Nahrada, two leaders of Minciu Sodas
      working groups, Learning From Each Other
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/ and Global Villages
      Pinto's question "What would you do with $100,000 for the coming year,
      what would you hope to achieve?" in the coming days and I encourage us
      all likewise. Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt,
      ms@..., +370 699 30003

      -------------------------

      Hi Andrius

      Briefly ref

      " He's asking:
      * How do I get organizations that have high level of convergence and
      values to work together in ways that allow them to keep their
      independence and autonomy and find points of contact for collaboration?"

      and
      * How do we get 100,000,000 people to work on an issue such as global
      poverty?

      As you know I am interested in closer collaboration between Dadamac and
      Minciu Sodas and related networks/organisations. I am interested in how
      we can "rub minds" on inter-related issues like global poverty, climate
      change, health, water and sanitation, education/training, Internet use
      for learning and collaboration, etc etc.- and not just rub minds but
      actively collaborate in practical projects

      I have been putting a lot of time and thought during 2009 into effective
      UK-Nigeria collaboration (and how to share what we do with others) and
      also into experiments with what I want to develop as our online space
      (some of this thinking becoming visible at www.dadamac.net and more of
      it still in my head or "beind the scenes").

      A blog I wrote earlier today may shed a bit more light on this
      http://www.dadamac.net/blog/20091223/dadamac-beyond-nigeria
      Also there are various on-the-ground Dadamac collaborative projects in
      Nigeria that are moving ahead more rapidly now as a result of Marcus'
      recent visit to Benin and Nigeria.

      Pam.