Re: 2010 HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18 10:52 AM
      Thoughts on proposals? I'm interested to submit an idea for mathematics
      education. Who might like to work together? Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu
      Sodas, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

      Mandy Dailey wrote (thank you!):

      > *2010 HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition*
      >
      > We are pleased to announce that all information regarding the* *2010
      > international HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning
      > Competition—including detailed category explanations and guidelines,
      > critical deadlines, application materials, etc.—is now available
      > at www.dmlcompetition.net <http://www.dmlcompetition.net/>.
      >
      > The theme of this year's Competition is Reimagining Learning and there
      > are two types of awards: 21st Century Learning Lab Designers and Game
      > Changers.
      >
      > Aligned with National Lab Day as part of the White House's Educate to
      > Innovate Initiative, the 21st Century Learning Lab Designer awards
      > will range from $30,000-$200,000. Awards will be made for learning
      > environments and digital media-based experiences that allow young
      > people to grapple with social challenges through activities based on
      > the social nature, contexts, and ideas of science, technology,
      > engineering and math.
      >
      > The Game Changers category—undertaken in cooperation with Sony
      > Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) and Electronic Arts (EA),
      > Entertainment Software Assocation, and the Information Technology
      > Industry Council—will award amounts ranging from $5,000-$50,000 for
      > creative levels designed with either LittleBigPlanet™ or Spore™
      > Galactic Adventures that offer young people engaging game play
      > experiences and that incorporate and leverage principles of science,
      > technology, engineering and math for learning.
      >
      > Each category will include several Best in Class awards selected by
      > expert judges, as well as a People’s Choice Award selected by the
      > general public. The online application system will open on January 7
      > and will include three rounds of submissions, with public comment at
      > each stage.
      >
      > Please see www.dmlcompetition.net <http://www.dmlcompetition.net/> for
      > all details.
      >

      > www.hastac.org <http://www.hastac.org/>
      > www.dmlcompetition.net <http://www.dmlcompetition.net/>
      > www.twitter.com/dmlComp <http://www.twitter.com/dmlComp>

    • ACTWID KONGADZEM
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18 3:15 PM
        Dear Andrius,Janet and all,
        Congratulations for all the hard work that you have done all this while and now the project proposal has been accepted for 2010
        Andrius, the ideaa of adding Mathematics is a good one and we strongly support it here in ACTWID. We will like to support the addition of Mathematics as we will like to have volunteers teach Maths lessons to our orphans and vulnerable children in informal classes in our officefacility in the afternoons and on weekends in addition to teaching them computer classes too in our center.So kindly include us in the HASTACAND MATHS 2010 project
        We will also like to send you all at learning from each other greetings from Copenhagen-Denmark where our president Wendi Losha was invited to represent our ACTWID organization there at the United Nations Climate Change Workd Summit for two weeks and she will be finishing from there tomorrow to return on sunday.
        Sincerely Njua Geraldine, Lungla Benedicta and others in ACTWID KONGADZEM NGO Bamenda, Cameroon.