The Open 100 company competition

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2009
      An interesting list of "open" companies
      http://theopen100.wikispaces.com
      Thanks to the OpenKollab google group for the link.

      Sent to you by Stephan via Google Reader:

      The Open 100 Competition
      via NESTA Connect by Roland Harwood on 12/4/09

      Open100
      We are pleased to announce 'The Open 100' competition which is a
      celebration of the power and value of openness and mass collaboration.

      You can be part of the competition by nominating the company you think
      is the best open innovator. The competition will be open until 12th
      February while the winners will be announced on 24th February 2010, at a
      conference in London called Open for Business. With the help of our
      judges the Open 100 will be created out of the best 20 companies from
      each of the 5 categories:

      1. Open Innovation – This involves companies sourcing or placing
      innovations externally towards a mutual benefit. This promises higher
      quality, faster and cheaper innovation.
      2. Crowdsourcing – Usually on the web as the benefit of leveraging both
      the diversity and wisdom of the crowd for new ideas, products and partners.
      3. Co-creation – This takes elements from crowdsourcing in valuing the
      wisdom of the crowd and yet also esteems the expertise of professionals,
      in a hybrid model.
      4. Open Source Software – This is both about wide spread collaboration
      and opening up intellectual property via the creative use licensing
      strategies.
      5. Open Business – Open business tend to open up their business process
      and models that often involve giving away a product or service for free,
      sharing it with a community and making revenue model around this.

      The reason we are doing this is to spark a debate around the value of
      openness in business (and other organisations), to bring some clarity to
      the many terms and phrases that are used in this space, and to recognise
      and raise the profile of those who do it really well, be they large
      multinational companies or small and/or distributed organisations.

      *Note: this competition is based on a previous post and an entirely open
      wiki that we created a few months ago that had lots of contributors. You
      can view the original list here.

      --
      This is a message from the OpenKollab Google Group located at
      http://groups.google.com/group/openkollab?hl=en