Re: [learningfromeachother] Vijay in Delhi: 'Maps for Making Change' kicks off and you can get involved!

  • vijay srinivas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      Thanks Andrius, I would have loved to attend the workshop..but cannot..

      Will wait for the wiki to go  up///

      Vijay

      On 12/4/09, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

      Vijay Srinivas in Delhi, India, I share this information from Edward
      Cherlin about building mapping applications. Perhaps you might learn
      more and even attend one of the workshops? The first was yesterday,
      December 3. More about Vijay further below. Andrius Kulikauskas,
      Minciu Sodas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@...

      Edward Cherlin wrote:
      > Can any of us attend? Maps for Making Change: Using Geographical
      > Mapping Techniques to Support Struggles for Social Justice in India is
      > an important initiative, exactly what some of us have been looking
      > for.

      Yesterday at our chats I signed up Vijay Srinivas for Pamela McLean's
      working group Learning From Each Other. (See our transcripts at:
      http://www.worknets.org/archive/index.pl?mon=11&mday=3&year=2009 )

      Fri, 04 Dec 09 05:45:55 +0000 Vijay: Hi Andrius, It was great chatting
      with you on worknets yesterday. I remember you told me that you have
      created a page for me to start learners group on food security (This is
      what I understood). Could you please give me the link..Also please give
      me your preferred email id..

      Here is a page for Vijay:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?VijaySrinivas
      and a page for food security
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FoodSecurity
      and some entries below. And my email is ms@...

      Andrius Kulikauskas, Minciu Sodas, ms@..., http://www.ms.lt

      ----------------------------------

      Vijay's blog at Dadamac.net
      http://www.dadamac.net/blog/vijay

      I am from Delhi, India

      it is a great feeling to be watch so many people from different
      nationalities talking about problems and solutions that are common to
      all of us

      http://www.km4dev.org/profile/VijaySrinivas?xg_source=activity

      * DeepestValue=Spread cheer and confidence: to feel connected, to forge
      that connection with one and all in this world.
      * Dream= My dream is to spread happiness and cheer among people, and
      make the world an oasis of plenty and peace. I would love to be close to
      nature. My dream is never to depend on a typical job and follow my
      passions.

      Andrius, in simple terms, I want to be an enabler for people across the
      world to solve their diverse problems. :: from food, water to education
      and livelihoods :: I told Pam that I wanted to do something in FOOD
      SECURITY :: Do u think worknets and Dadamac can work together on issues
      like food security and livelihoods :: right now i am working on a
      project that monitors air and water quality in Indian cities and towns
      :: the idea of this project is to empower citizens with crucial
      information about air and water quality (24x7)